New Zealand bethel is to be closed down.

by karter 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

Steve2.

John & lorraine are still in the NZ bethel and he's still the top man there.

They would both be at retirement age.

I'm guessing they will be put out to pasture at some congro that needs some help.

Gone will be the days were they are treated like royalty...they will be john & lorraine averadge within a short time.

I always found them to be very nice.

karter.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When the branch closes I guess that means they won't be having zone visits anymore - nowhere to visit. It must all be rather depressing for local bethelites who are accustomed to thinking they ARE somebody. Plus I wonder how Yearbook histories will present the closures. In the past the narratives have made a big deal about setting up branch offices, and smiling pictures of branch committees. Will future Yearbook histories celebrate the glorious simplification of branch closures?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I could say that I would like to be a fly on the wall at tomorrows Special WhateverItIs, but I really couldn't give a toss.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I wonder if all of these branch office closings are upsetting to any of the publishers?"

It certainly won't help morale.

"Will future Yearbook histories celebrate the glorious simplification of branch closures?"

They'll likely try to put a positive spin on how they're saving money. Maybe in Central America it won't disrupt their operations much, but I think that in Europe it will be a disaster as they close the branches.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Just how far will they go with the closures? Spain is the biggest branch to shut so far isn't it? If a country that big can get closed down then practically nowhere is safe.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

I wonder the WT$ is liquidating all of these realestate through out the world while they are still in control.

The way how things are going with the WT$ I won't be suprise to see some of the branches will splint away from the WT$ Headquater which happened when Cold War collasped in late 80'. Huge numbers of JWs from eastern Europe including Russia under the former USSR rejected the ever changed WT$' apostacy doctrins and went on on their own. Of course the WT$ never published any of these developements in the Year Book or the magazins. ( There's the thread on this topic that says, 'why so many splinter groups of Jehovah's Witnessess..' or something like that)

Has anyone here read the thread on 'Menlo Park Elder Tells..' ? (The WT$ apparantly has illegaly tried to take over this KH which worth 2-3 million dollar and in the process removed entire BOE who didn't cooperate with the WT$ and currently legal disputes going on between the WT$ v the Former Elders. )

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm wondering if they're selling the branches that are most marketable. Here in the US, they're selling the Brooklyn properties because they'll sell fairly quickly at a good price. But it would be very difficult or impossible to find a buyer for Wallkill or Patterson. Conversely, the upstate facilities cost a fortune to maintain. Keeping up with the requirments for the wastewater treatment facilities has cost them millions. I'm wondering if they're finances and cashflow are an unsustainable mess.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I guess it goes to show how mentally conditioned Witnesses are if they buy the entire "Jehovah's simplifying things, so these branches are closing". I try to look at it from an economic and political standpoint. If IKEA had but one store in NZ and they decided to shut it down, it means that the place was bleeding money. If a country closes an embassy or consulate, they are either cutting costs or they don't have much of a reason to have an office there. I'm still very curious as to why they would close up shop in such an important country like NZ. It's not like shuttiing down the Luxembourg office to run it out of France.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Sic Semper Tyrannis >>

Relying on Almighty God: An experience related by Hugo Riemer, former purchasing agent for the Watch Tower Society, reflects the way the Watch Tower Society carries out its business.

During World War II, printing paper was rationed in the United States. Appeal for supplies had to be made to a government-appointed committee. On one occasion one of the prominent Bible societies had lawyers, big-business men, preachers, and others there to represent them before the committee. They were granted far less than they wanted. After their request had been heard, the committee called for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. When Hugo Riemer and Max Larson stepped forward, the chairman asked: “Just the two of you?” The reply: “Yes. We hope that Almighty God is with us too.” They were granted all the supplies they needed.

jv chap. 26 p. 586

• karter
    karter

i wonder how the bethellites fell now?

Some have been there for many,many years and thought the system would be over along time ago.

They will be put out into the world with no home,funiture ect.

The ones that are over 65 can get the pension but thats barely enough to live on.

Their "statis" as "Bethellites" will quickey be forgotten and will just another member of whatever congro they end up in.

A sad end to what most though woul'd be a job for life.

Karter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit