New Zealand bethel is to be closed down.

by karter 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• St George of England
    St George of England
    which other bethels have been closed down recently? I only know of Ireland and now NZ.

Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland. All being looked after by Germany

Seven Central american countries, Honduras, Nicaragua etc. all being looked after by Mexico

Reminds me of the "Ten green bottles" song.

George

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You mean you get fed when you visit a Bethel?

Maybe I left too soon....

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I was on a tour group when I visited the one in Greece. And yes, we were fed lunch.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    this religion is circling the drains...
    Reminds me of the "Ten green bottles" song.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah...you should have hung around Chariklo...you don't know what you missed

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it's definately a change from the days of skyrocketing real estate values and buying sprees. It's a bit of circling the wagons, but I don't think they are spiriling out of control. Just a business finally showing it's true colors

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Another Bethel being sold ummm ????

Makes one wonder if the WTS. is trying consolidate its assets and perhaps eventually reform into another religious organization.

When you think about it, its really not that hard for a religion to do, as long as there's a majority vote by the standing directors .

You've got to realistically admit that many of their doctrines are old and becoming redundant as supporting vehicles to lure people and maintain

them as members. One could also realise that its the WTS. own publications that they've produced over the years that ruins their own

perceived viability. With the inter-net here now many of those publications are viewable toward the public , something they didn't have to worry

about in the past.

• blondie
    blondie

The society is definitely downsizing its worldwide institutional network and they intend to disband their bethels in the three French overseas départements of Martinique, Guadeloupe an French Guyana.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/199804/1/Are-they-really-closing-down-branches-in-Martinique-Guadeloupe-and-French-Guyana

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

The sad part of every Bethel closing is the laying off of the old-timers who don't know of any other life. For them it's a handshake, and maybe a one-way bus ticket as severance for years of loyal work.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I figured it was due to the many earthquakes in New Zealand. LOL.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit