New Zealand bethel is to be closed down.

by karter 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• still thinking
    still thinking

I had a conversation like that with a CO...I asked him how he would manage when he gets old...since he has nothing and relies on others for everything he needs. He told me that he and his wife would be taken care of. .....looks like that may not be the case anymore. You can't help feeling sorry for them getting sucked in like that and giving up everything for a publishing company...very sad for the people involved.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Money is getting tight here. A lot of shops will be cutting costs by cleaning their own windows. Twice in the past month I've tried to look at websites of two big name companies to see if they stock an item, and they've been in liquidation.

There has been a bit of an exodus too. Thare a lot more Kiwi Window Washer Class in Australia than Australian Window Washer Class in NZ. Young, affluent, recruits have been hard to find, so the congs have an ever increasing percentage of Pensioner Class. Prices are rising faster than pensions and pensioners are finding finances difficult enough without without feeding contribution boxes.

The Christchurch earthquakes have forced insurance premiums to go through the roof. This will help strangle the contribution boxes while raising costs for KHs and Bethel...

... and the end isn't at hand, just around the corner, soon, at arm's length, bla bla blah.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't feel sorry for them.

All of them went through the 1975 debacle, when Jehovah hung them out to dry by staying hidden in his privy.

They have all knocked on doors of Christians and athiests who have told them what they needed to know to be able to admit that the WT was scamming them.

They all stayed with a church that claimed to Jehovah's Channel despite seeing it's doctrines change back to previously discarded positions.

They could have deserted this church and got on with their lives decades ago.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Does anyone have any brochures, leaflets or other ephemera from the closing branches? I would be interested in purchasing them if you have any spare.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey thanks for the update karter. I should know by now that, when it comes to the organization, unsentimentality rules. John and Lorraine Wills will have a huge adjustment following the NZ branch closure. Still, I'm mindful enough to comment that, if they truly believe it's the Truth, they'll welcome the move, knowing that this system of things is - once again - on the very edge of ending...that is, until next time it's on the very edge. If they can swallow this sh*t, perhaps they deserve the consequences, among which are not being prepared financially for retirement?

• dozy
    dozy

Well - the Irish ex-Bethel is still up for sale. No takers yet.

http://cms.mol.ie/uploads/Watch%20Tower%20House,%20Newcastle.pdf

• skin
    skin

This letter was read out in our Cong at both meetings about 2 weeks ago. The letter brought out that the main reason for closing the NZ Bethel was due to the rapid increase of people becoming JW's and that because of this they needed to simplify the arrangment to better cater for the fast growth. This letter mentioned more than once that the reason was due to the increasing of numbers. Odd, both Aust and NZ only had a 1% increase over the last service year. But because the letter said that there are increases then we must believe it… You could see everyone’s ones minds ticking over thinking that this is yet another sign; it is a positive step forward, etc. Also the Bethelites would be taken good care of by being sent to where they would be useful. I think this letter would be pinned up on the notice board, I will have another read of it next time I’m at the meeting…

• mrquik
    mrquik

I hope to live long enough to watch this worthless cult get flushed down the toilet.

• dozy
    dozy

The letter brought out that the main reason for closing the NZ Bethel was due to the rapid increase of people becoming JW's and that because of this they needed to simplify the arrangment to better cater for the fast growth.

Maybe I'm being a bit thick here , but if there really is a "rapid increase" then surely the answer is to build new premises or extend existing ones rather than closing them & selling them off to "the world". This has always been the WTBTS response in the past to increases.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ever since the nonsense new generation teaching perhaps they have developed a taste for stating absurd non sequiturs. You can just imagine somebody having a laugh somewhere:

What will we tell them is the reason for closing the branch?

Say it's because of rapid growth.

Ha ha that makes no sense.

I know, just put it down, they'll lap it up believe me!

By the way did the Spain branch actually close down or was it just downgraded and the building sold? I think I picked that up wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit