Who has "reverted back to apostate [Christian] doctrines"

by biometrics 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

If you were a Jehovah's Witness have you "reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom"?

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago..."

What Christian teachings do you now follow (e.g. do you believe in hell ...)?

• garyneal
    garyneal

But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago...

LOL, You would think that should tell somebody something, huh? Read the Bible alone, without WT goggles, and believe the same teachings as 'apostate' Christendom. I was never a witness but I do know of one witness who had this experience. He is now a senior pastor of a Southern Baptist church.

• tec
    tec

Yes, I always thought that was a funny thing for them to own up to.

I didn't really have any specific doctrines or dogma to revert back to. Never belonged to any particular denomination; not a church-goer; hadn't even read the bible before studying with the JW's. Just believed in God, and also His Son.

Hell... accepted it before; never went back to that.

Trinity... never knew about it before, never believed Michale was Jesus during my study, don't accept either of them now.

So no, never really went back to anything. Just moved forward.

Peace,

tammy

• garyneal
    garyneal

Some excerpts from Paul Blizzard's personal testimony.

All this time I believe God was leading us to study His Word alone apart from books. Even though we had our own New World Translation of the Bible (translated by the Watchtower Society and refuted by Hebrew and Greek scholars as being a biased, twisted version of the Bible), we bought a New American Standard Bible.
    My wife and I secretly studied our new Bible long hours into the night, discovering that many of the major doctrines that we had been willing to die for were false. I shared with my father some of the things I had discovered. Being an elder, my father saw that I was questioning some of their main teachings, and he reported my wife and I to the elders, to stand trial for apostasy.
  • moggy lover
    moggy lover

Gulp! Me. [Or is it "I"?] Do I get to mount the scaffold now, or do I get a last meal?

Put me down as one of them pesky Baptists.

• designs
    designs

moggy- Let us put our Atheist hands on you to be healed

I do get it, I went to several churches after leaving the Wt..

• Nambo
    Nambo

Not one of them have I gone back too, I dont consider Christendom doctrines are actually reffering to the God of the Bible, more like all the Pgan Triune Sun gods.

Hense, I still consider the JWs are a lot closer to the truth, than any other religion, doesnt mean they are the correct religion though, seems to me they have either fallen asleep, run out of oil, or have taken to worshipping themselves which is pretty much what happened to Gods orignal people, the Jews.

Or, Satan has a religion for everyone, if you really want the truth, he will fix up a religion for you that has masses of real truth, along with a tiny but very deadly lie that is.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I find the expression "Apostate doctrines" to be a fine example of loaded language- mind control. Apostasy from what ? In the JW's mind reading that, the doctrines referred to are apostate from the point of view of what the primitive Christian church taught.

An examination of the said doctrines does not actually yield positive proof of that, yes, we can argue until the DFS sale really ends about the trinity etc. but that and other doctrines were simply trying to explain the original teaching, they were not "standing apart from" as suggested by the word "Apostate".

The ironic thing is that all the unique doctrines of the JW's stand very far apart from the original Good News and teaching of Jesus and the Apostles.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<The ironic thing is that all the unique doctrines of the JW's stand very far apart from the original Good News and teaching of Jesus and the Apostles.>>

Well said. The unique doctrines original to the WTBTS are nowhere to be found in the New Testament.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Having taken a "good news focussed" and "Christ centred" approach I now reject supremacist ethnocentrism - the dissecting of peripheral doctrines in the vain pursuit of self-righteousness attained by establishing the supposedly “right” doctrines.

Those who chase peripheral doctrine such as the trinity, hell fire, and immortality of the soul end up chasing their tail, and remaining ignorant of the priceless, central and generous "unabridged gospel" which is God's only real and ultimate personal message to each of us.

Where did Paul bang on about the trinity, hell fire and the immortality of the soul? No, his big thing was the "good news" which Watchtower followers know nothing about (despite many fragments in their publications).

Religion says "measure up" and join our supremacist club. This is man's search for God on man's terms. "Religion has a failed past... and a bankrupt future" (Robert Farrar Capon, I believe).

The gospel message is God's call for us to stop our religious nonsense, COME AS WE ARE, and be renewed and healed from within, and join his family and receive many free gifts that cannot be earned, deserved or paid for (unmerited favour). This is God's search for man on God's terms.

As Vanderhoven7 said, I also have to agree with Phizzy - well described.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit