In gods image

by ballistic 13 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

The aliens who manipulated the genes of chimpanzees look like us.

• caliber
    caliber

We know we are created in God's image because the Bible tells us so in Genesis 1:27 where we read, "And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Now, this event happened before the fall of man .

So no doubt this statement had greater meaning back then , however I feel that being in the image of God mainly has reference to the spiritual qualities

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 andenvy; drunkenness, orgies

In our image could have also meant... free. Free to be, free to choose, free to feel... anything you want.~~~~~ tammy

We are free moral agents each gets to choose if flesh or spirit should dominate in us.

We have a moral nature to reason and plan that animals do not have or at least to beyond such things as building their nest"s.

• Heaven
  • Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Honestly I don't know what is what,right now I am a theist awaiting more convincing proof of organic evolution,before I switch to atheist.

I don't let religious sects speak for God,this I know about our comparison with animals.Just because we share close genetics with animals means nothing.It does not support evolution for me,it only shows that the animals our close to us so we can bond with them and frigging eat them.

Correct me if my science facts are off,but we humans have the largest brain of any creature except the blue whale (same size as ours 31/2 lbs) Our Brain uses 8 X's as much glucose as the next 'smartest' animal the ape.Apes and even the lowly homing pigeon have a memory found to be superior to ours,what a pigeon must remember to navigate is astounding.The chimpanzee can beat the human with the best score in the world for memorizing.But they cannot adapt like us,an ape will not don clothes if it's habitant gets cold and it will not build a fire.

I just put down a pet herbivore a hind gut fermenter with a cecum 10X larger than humans, and thought of how much i enjoyed caring and protecting this gentle creature for 9 years before it died of old age.In some ways this critter was superior to me as it can can eat grass as a subsistence herbivore.Humans cannot digest cellulose we call it insoluble fiber.This animal can eat grass the most abundant food on the planet,if humans could less starvation?

We are different than animals made in God's Image and likeness to have a CONSCIENCE?It's dog eat dog in the animal world predatore vs prey,and by-the-way why would a 'loving' God create predation?Big fish eat little fish from the one celled crittters on up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit