In gods image

by ballistic 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

So, why are we like the animals if the Bible says we are made in almighty Gods image. This should be an asy question.? Use of the capital letter.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Human's have the creating power to create many things. Animals can not create much but a house. That's one way. I think there are more ways people are in God's image.

It's quite obvious to me that man made god in his own image. The bible illustrates this fact quite well; its god is an insecure, chauvinistic bigot.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Be rest assured that god is not an old man with hands to grasp animate objects and feet to walk on ground bound by gravity.

Throughout the history of man, gods in physical form were male like and sometimes female with a sexual identity, another illogical concept.

• N.drew
    N.drew

That guy looks like he's been eating chocolate.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think man made God in HIS image

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Oh, I think 144001 already said that.

• mP
    mP

one must remember all pagan gods are basically super human men. take a look at xian art and one finds the same style. all gods were mere mortals who may have been warriors or leaders. overtime their feats were increased and they became gods. in genesis we see a very human jehovah, he is said to walk in the garden. later in genesis he or an angel is said to wrestle w/ jacob. angels are of course messengers, messengers from the king or god of the land. the caesars also gave the honour of god to themselves and the same is true of pharoahs. im sure you can see the pattern.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

What a load of crap. If we were made in his image then, no matter how much testing and deception, we wouldn't "sin", even with free will.

Can the christian/jewish/creationist god lie or sin? No? Then his creation shouldn't be able to either unless God didn't really make us in his image but made us flawed, or the whole thing is a lie.

• tec
    tec

In our image could have also meant... free. Free to be, free to choose, free to feel... anything you want.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit