by usualusername 25 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Doris Day likes to spoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8MhLuOee7E

Do you like to spoon?

• St George of England
    St George of England

YES. But I thought it was a sexual position and at such times, one person that NEVER crosses my mind is Doris Day.

George

• TOTH
    TOTH

i want to FORK! LOL

hee hee hee

• Glander
    Glander

Yeah, to me spooning is a cozy sleeping position with my wife. "Spooning" as in Doris Days hit song was an expression from a bygone time somewhat like "The Gay Cabalero" didn't mean what it means today.

• N.drew
    N.drew

1 Kings 1:1-4 Royal Spooning

1 Now King David was old, advanced in age; and they covered him with clothes, but he could not keep warm. 2 So his servants said to him, “Let them seek a young virgin for my lord the king, and let her attend the king and become his nurse; and let her lie in your bosom, that my lord the king may keep warm.” 3 So they searched for a beautiful girl throughout all the territory of Israel, and found Abishag the Shunammite, and brought her to the king. 4 The girl was very beautiful; and she became the king’s nurse and served him, but the king did not cohabit with her.

• Glander
    Glander

The "King David Option" will cost you an extra 5 grand per month at the retirement home.

• usualusername
    usualusername

I know what Doris meant and none of the above are correct.

• badseed
    badseed

So they searched for a beautiful girl throughout all the territory of Israel,

If it wasn't for sex, then, why did she have to be beautiful? Wouldn't any girl have done the job, after all it was only to keep him warm. Yup, the bible was definitely written by men.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The word beautiful does not only mean pretty. It can mean appropriate.

and...

beautiful, beauty, comely, fairest, one, goodly, pleasant, well

http://concordances.org/hebrew/3303.htm

How about it means a good and pleasant woman who is healthy? And trustworthy of course!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well if it makes you feel better to believe that, cool. I'm not a man but if I were a man and someone described a potential spooning partner as good, pleasant, healthy, and trustworthy the first thing that would run across my mind is "dog".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit