Surprised by confessions of my brother

by the_raisin 19 Replies latest jw friends

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

talespin duuuuude!!!! THIS! Unbelivable huh!!! I hear you about the pot smoking, never got into it, won't judge anyone who does, just seems so... I don't know. Boring? Lol.

See, JWs grow up repressed. We can't do ANYTHING. I know they say that's not true, JWs do have fun... but then they slowly take away those fun things. Double lives are the norm it seems, except for those few of you who are actually good kids! I was a bad egg though, I wasn't as wild but I did looooove corrupting the good ones and make them think for themselves ;)

And yes, plan is the morning after pill. It was surprising to me because I would expect her to be on birth control at least!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Don't worry talesin, I was one of those "good girls" who never got asked out, too. I felt like an expensive crystal vase - admired from afar but no one dared to touch.

• talesin
    talesin

raisin,,, yup,, boring. It's good medicine, but I just didn't get the whole 'gotta get some weed, smoke it all, spend more money and time looking for weed, then sit around for hours doing nothing' lifestyle. What a waste of time!

BP, you know, I just thought I was ugly and weird.

It's good to know I wasn't the only one - to be rejected by the other teens at the hall, when everyone at school bullies you; well, it was hard. I remember telling my mother when I was 12 or 13 that I just wanted to be dead. And I meant it.

t

• mind blown
    mind blown

Tal right.....what a bunch of sexist goones!!

I think with many JW kids ...have catholic girl syndrome......those girls were wild!!

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

talespin - don't forget the awful, awful munchies. And the games you play, which then you loose because you're terrible at them, but you don't even realize it!!!

You know, those other wild, slutty girls knew exactly what you guys knew, that the JW brothers wanted to milk the cow, but not buy it. I don't know if you guys were bullied by them, but I've seen them in attack mode. We had many depressed girls-and guys- and I always thought it was absolutely insane how nobody did anything. That was the other crazy thing... the social 'caste', in a way. The bullying. But I'm glad you made it through talespin!!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

From another post I made today confessing my (3 generation and 4 decade long) addiction to (the Watchtower) religion:

I was able to rationalise away all Watchtower faults, even those that badly affected me and my family.

I actively rationalised away my father's tortured existence, his death, my brother's suicide, my wife's incestuous rape from ages 6 to 13, catestrophic fraud against our family business, widespread mental illness, physical illness, Silent Lambs and all the victims, 1975, 1914, birthdays, the generation of 1914, cultic mind control, a surreptitious clergy laity class, blind yet authoritarian Pharisees, star chambers, conditional "love", closed-mindedness, prejudice, ignorance, sectarianism, denominationalism, legalism, moralism, ethnocentrism, Gnosticism, teaching religion (proselytising Matt 23:15), a supremacist doomsday cult, and probably more...

• talesin
    talesin

the_raisin,,,,, I don't get the munchies. See,,,, I really am weird!!!~! ;)

Re bullying - that was at school, and at home. The only torment I received from the JW gurls, was that they would always 'steal' the boy I was crushing on ... you know,, you meet at a convention, spend breaks together, hang out a bit, maybe you've been pen pals ,,, and then some other gurl comes along and *poof*,,, nice, cute guy is gone. It always made me wonder "what is wrong with me?" After my friend explained things many years later, I got it. :D

The JW teens mostly just excluded me from stuff, and my family was quite forbidding. I was kept under firm 'lock and key' by my parents till I first left home at 16 (lots of 'secrets' in my family).

ahhh, so happy it's all over now! I have friends who love me, and best of all, I love myself.

tal

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

talespin- Awww, I'm glad to hear everything turned out alright :) And you ARE weird, no munchies :o!!!!

Ya know, you didn't miss out much on those JW boys... pretty flaky, many momma's boy :p

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I was one of those goody two shoe sheltered boys. Married as a virgin, and had no idea double lives even existed till years later.

No wonder i never got asked to any of the booze ups that i later learned about.

and no wonder i had a bloody mid life crises either! I wasn't even born till i was 38

Oz

• scotoma
    scotoma

Forgive me for the sins of my youth.

What sins?

I wish I would have gotten my share of sinning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit