Female Householder Stabbed/Raped by Purported JW in Tennessee

by skeeter1 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_368.shtml

Marion County Assault Victim Remains Hospitalized

by Karen Zatkulak

The victim of a violent attack in Marion County remains in the hospital Monday. Newschannel 9 talked to the 34-year-old woman's family. They tell us she was at her mother's home in Powells Crossroads on Alvin York Hwy. We're told she was there alone, cleaning the house as a favor, when a man came to the home.

She told family members and Marion County detectives that the suspect had pamphlets in his hand and appeared to be a Jehovah's Witness. She says he began talking about religion. But when she told him to leave, he pushed his way inside.

Detectives say the man forced his way into the home, stabbed the woman in the side, and cut her several times on the arm and face. The victim says he also hit her in the head.

Newschannel 9 has confirmed that the initial report to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations was that she was also raped. Family members tell us the Marion County Sheriff told them not to discuss that information. But investigators say they are investigating the possibility of a rape.

The suspect is still at large and the detective said they have no leads. The suspect is 5'7 to 5'8, 200-210 pounds, with short brown hair, stubble on his face, teeth badly decayed, and wearing khaki pants and a dark shirt (black or blue). We're told he also has tan skin, and is in his late 30's or early 40's.

Meanwhile, residents nearby in the quiet, rural area are terrified of the news. They tell us nothing like this ever happens in their community, and they are now locking their doors and being extra cautious.

It is the policy of NewsChannel 9 to not identify victim's of sexual assaults.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Elders better get out that April 2012 "elder's only" letter from Watchtower headquarters. I.E. the one that's several pages long that instructs elders on how to hide/cover up crimes and avoid subpeonas and thwart police investigations . . . especially when rape or violence is considered.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If he had seen the dentist regularly, he might have gotten a lady by now, he might not need to rape her at all. He should have seen the dentist regularly! Disgusting!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Can someone cut/paste the link? There is a news video to this one. Apparently this happened in/around Chatanooga. Perhaps one of us JWs (current or ex) can help identify this man. The news gave his description.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Maybe he is a meth user, it also ruins teeth too.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

But, wouldn't a meth user been mainly after money?

• under the radar
    under the radar

Not to spoil everyone's obvious glee at a "rogue" JW getting caught doing something bad, and speaking purely as the Devil's Advocate, but I highly doubt this assailant is actually a JW. He was much more likely posing as JW to throw his victim off her guard. That said, I'd bet my last nickel that he does have some knowledge of or connection to the JWs, perhaps through family. What complete stranger to the JWs would even think of using that ploy?

Regardless, JW or not, I hope they find this bastard and throw the book at him. Maybe he will learn what being violated feels like when he gets to prison.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@ under the radar:

You're correct...at times, people do pretend that they're JW's to carry out certain acts....hopefully justice will be served regardless of this guy being a JW or not.

Peace

Kool Jo

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I agree.just because he used the materials,dosent mean he was a dub...Might make it harder for dubs to get an ear tho!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

skeeter1:

This is a sad incident but I tend to doubt this guy is a JW. The problem with crimes of this sort is that people will be urged to support legislation that will prohibit any kind of door-to-door work, whether by religious people or even sales persons, etc. Chances are, almost nobody is welcoming of a stranger of any kind at their door.

There was a story some years back up in New England where a trusting couple was murdered by young people going house-to-house posing as political campaigners or poll takers. Then there was the story of an elderly woman murdered by a person selling things door-to-door.

I think the end of any kind of door-to-door work is on the horizon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit