What will happen if I get married in a church?

by Jude Knorr 22 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Why are YOU asking? If it is a WT issue....you could be df'd if you are baptized and you get ratted out to the elders. Also, if you have any jw friends or relatives that you want to attend, they may choose not to...........

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Assuming you are baptised Jehovahs Witness two things will happen simultaneously

1. You will most propably get married according to legislation of your area, it means you are officially married, even in eyes of JW

2. With your action you have participated in false activity of Babylon the Great and therefore you have disassociated yourself. Short announcement will be read soon after.

As long as you will remain disassociated you will not be subject to free to remarry kind of rules if life wouldn't show to be like in fairytales.

CP

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If you get married in a church, no JWs will attend.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

J.w's will attend but only if they are faders like me. May you have a beautiful wedding and God bless you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

after the ceremony, you will find yourself married

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My cousin was df'd for it about 30 years ago.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Firefox, please.

As others have said, if you are baptized, consider yourself DF.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

If other JW's found out about it, you would be subject to disfellowshipping on the grounds of "interfaith". That's about it.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

You will be

waaaait for it

Married

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it

IN A CHURCH!

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Your pictures will look nicer, the Kingdom Hall atmosphere and lighting are horrible.

"Wordly" people in attendance won't ask you why the man giving the talk was so weirdly focused on condemning confetti and other pagan rituals.

You might actually like most of the people in attendance.

If you're worried about getting DF'd, how about a destination wedding or elope? I wish I did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit