Question #9 of this week's "oral review" of DVD "Faith In Action"...

by Alfred 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have a read of this NY Times article advertisement from October 19, 1914.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9D03E2D7143EE033A2575AC1A9669D946596D6CF

• stapler99
    stapler99

Interesting article about Russell, Black Sheep. No doubt if those who had associated with Russell's movement were alive today, they would be telling their stories on forums like these.

• Joliette
    Joliette

There actually gonna talk about that dvd scam video during a service meeting? Really?? They dont have anything else to talk about? Field circus?

• Alfred
    Alfred

By now, about 2/3 of congregations have had their Service Meeting this week...

For those who attended, please share...

thanks

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

One sister said,"They were a little bit off, they were expecting to be taken to heaven right then, that Jesus kingdom would bring that kind of control to the earth."

• Alfred
    Alfred

Sheep2Slaughter... I think that sister was a bit off herself... thanks for sharing

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Even back in Russell's time there was commercialized fear mongering going on by himself to attract attention to his sermons and of course his books and magazines. You just cant seem to take the salesman out of a salesman. 100 years later on the fear mongering by the WTS. continues and people are being lured in. People are people after all, pose a threat to them and they will react, this is human psychology.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Black Sheep - Thank you so much for that newspaper article. Parts of it were so funny! I love the follow ...

Furthermore, the uncovering is worthwhile because it will put a check to the cartloads of ‘Millennial Dawn’ literature which have dumped into Brooklyn homes since Pastor Russell came to the city. The street cleaning department has enough to attend to without having its burden increased by even the weight of the paper upon which the Brooklyn Tabernacle effusions are printed. I am assuming of course that the cleaning department and the Atlantic Ocean are the speedy recipients of most of the papers which are thrown at us week by week.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If recollection serves me correct Russell taught that as a member of the body of Christ the annointed were to live thier lives faithful to death in order to complete the sacrifice of Christ in as they were part of the seed. I don't think he had his own Christ complex, it was shared with everyone. HE was an equal opportunity whack job.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Russell's hidden agenda was to cultivate his own following and turn these people into sales Representatives for publishing aspirations. Thats still the agenda of the Watchtower Corporation to this day. The Watchtower Kingdom got so large and rich by contrived fear mongering, Russell lade down the foundation for this publishing house which still exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit