Twelve Reasons for Preaching

by therevealer 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

1. It helps save lives.-John 17:3.

Translation: only if they become jws or their parents do if they are minor children

2. It serves to warn the wicked. -Ezek. 3:18, 19.

Translation: Wicked are only all non-jws

3. It contributes to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.-Matt. 24:14.

But not necessarily will every person get a witness.

*** w10 9/15 p. 10 par. 12 Earnestly Seek Jehovah’s Blessing ***We recognize that the end could come at any time; Jehovah’s timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet. (Matt. 10:23)

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 “Keep on the Watch” ***Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

4. It is an expression of God's righteousness. No charge can be brought against Jehovah that he destroyed the wicked without giving them opportunity
    to repent.-Acts 17:30, 31;1 Tim. 2:3, 4.

See #3

5. It allows us to discharge our debt to give spiritual help to people purchased with the blood of Jesus. -Rom. 1:14, 15.

I thought Jesus had already paid that debt?

6. It enables us to avoid bloodguilt. -Acts 20:26, 27.

See #5

7. It is a requirement for our own salvation.- Ezek. 3:19; Rom. 10:9, 10.

See #5

8. It demonstrates love for neighbor. -Matt. 22:39.

So will words clothe and feed people?

(James

2:15,16) . . .If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,” but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it?

9. It shows obedience to Jehovah and his Son.-Matt. 28:19, 20.

or

*** lv chap. 4 p. 43 par. 15 Why Respect Authority? ***When we as individuals respect the authority of Christian elders, we are obeying Jehovah.—Hebrews 13:17.

10. It is part of our worship.-Heb. 13:15.

or

(Matthew 15:9) . . .It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

11. It expresses our love for God. -1 John 5:3.

(1 John 4:20, 21) . . .If anyone makes the statement: “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also.

12. It contributes toward the sanctification of Jehovah's name.-Isa. 43:10-12;Matt. 6:9.

Then why did Jesus when instructing his disciples to pray say the following not using a name for God?

Matthew 6:9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Also - It is probably their greatest attention getter.

JWS are shaped and dressed up to appear as wholesomely honest and sincere as possible, as viewable sales Representatives for the WTS.

The false but alluring doctrines plastered over the front covers of the WTS's literature, work in unison as the JWS go door to door

searching for others to be subservient mental slaves for the WTS. publishing house.

• erbie
    erbie

Yes thetrueone, sadly I must accept that the above is the reality of it all. When I was a kid it seemed like a wonderful dream but in the end I had to let go of it and now, however painful, I try always to cling to reality. Which at times is uncomfortable but the only hope we have.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When I was a kid it seemed like a wonderful dream but in the end I had to let go of it.

Was there myself many years ago being a born in, but there was too much deception, dishonesty and ignorance

being supported on mostly fear that made me think this is nonsense even though you could see some viable good

within the organization.

Better for mankind to work within reality rather than an purposed illusion portrayed by a literature publishing house.

• erbie
    erbie

Yes, exactly. The WT mags make it all look so appealing. As you say, and as others on this site have said, it IS just a publishing business dressed up in a 'spiritual' wrapping paper.

It's humbling to realise you've been hoodwinked!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Because we love Jehovah and our neighbors-at least that's the explaination in the past.

We thought Fredie and his associations were prettt bad. These latest Governing Boys are worse. The boys are creating their own cult.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Is it because the inter-net has so much damaging information about the organizations that the WTS. leaders (GB)

are ever more paranoid toward keeping their publishing cult intact.

Preach, Preach, Preach meant buy and sell, buy and sell, buy and sell a few years ago.

Hell its their power and money to play with, they certainly don't want that all come to ruin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit