The ugliest statment A parent can say to their child.

by jam 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

This thread has been on my mind...

I think shat we need to take from all these examples of bad parenting is that we are all here now and not perpetutating the cycle. Our kids may hate in the teen years (they out grow that, hopefully) but they won't be posting on a forum about the terrible things their parents said to them.

Also, we are not alone, which is the opposite of what we thought when we were kids.

So I say, bring it on bitch, do your worst, I won't let you hurt me now.

Bobbi

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, hurtful things are sometimes said to children and they can't understand all the reasons those words came out. Children also say mean stuff to parents and we adults are supposed to overlook it, but the pain it their never the less. I wonder if society needs to get back to the former standards of civility. Too much impersonal online commenting carries over to face to face communication-

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Not to diminish the suffering mentioned in folks posts here, or the pain of shunning, but dont think child abuse is purely a JW doctrine."

No one said it was but some (myself included) here were raised by jw parents and that what they know. My husband's mother wasn't a jw but I would say she was a hundred times worst than my parents. It got so bad for my husband that he had to leave his home partically naked under threat of death from his mother when he was 15. She told him time after time that he was the product of a rape and he should be thankful she didn't abort him. She's not the type of person who could ever stop abusing and so my husband as nothing to do with her.

• VIII
    VIII

Oh Mrsjones, that is hideous. Give your husband an extra hug and kiss tonight and let him know that you love him. My MIL was not a JW and she was just as bad. Bad parenting and lack of love knows no religion.

As for things teens say to parents: I was circumspect. My sister was not. She got kicked out of the house and ended up in an abusive relationship as a result.

• jam
    jam

Sorry folks, been out of town for A few days.

Appreciate all the encouraging comments.

Blon-moment, Bobbi, Queenwitch and Time Bandit my

hearth goes out to each of you, so sorry.

Silence, it,s very hard to imagine A father disowning

his son . It may not be masculine, but I tell my grown sons

I love them, they get embarrass but I don,t care.

Jeffro, I have problems getting my E-mails, still trying.

And Mrs-Jones5, you help me on the topic, and understanding on

parents who suffer from , the word , help me out, Narc-------something.

You have broke the cycle by showing unconditional love.

• Frank4YAHWEH
    Frank4YAHWEH

I was told by a Jehovah's Witness that the children of the unrighteous are unclean. I take it that they were referring to children whose parents were not Jehovah's Witnesses. Has anyone heard this before or where in Scripture the read something that might make them come to such a conclusion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit