The ugliest statment A parent can say to their child.

by jam 35 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Just wait until the teenage years, then you will discover what "parent abuse" is all about.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

When asked why couldn't she be happy for my newfound path, my mother told me via email "I love you but I love Jehovah more". I can't imagine serving a god like that.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

When someone says "I love you but. . . " the condition has been set, and it means either YOU sacrifice something, or the love is withdrawn. Very sad.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Just wait until the teenage years, then you will discover what "parent abuse" is all about."

Only if you don't start from the beginning to train and respect your kids. I have an 18 yo, a 14 yo, a 11 yo, and an 8 yo. None of them have used foul language directed at me (I fully understand that I cannot control what they say out of my earshot but I have faith it's not much different when I'm not with them.) With the exception of my youngest fireball I don't see that as ever changing other than when they become adults and a few f-bombs that may drop but hopefully not directed at me. And even though my parents have and continue to treat me shitty I don't make a habit of cursing in front of them either...out of respect.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

How about "you're dead to me"?

Even though my mom apologized, it still hurts. It shows where priorities lie with JWs.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My daughter has cut me off from her and my grandson because I went behind her back and found out she was using the money she borrowed ( and never paying back) for illegal drugs. I told her no more money ( After giving her a few hundred a day or two before) when her water was going to be cut off and so she cut me off after telling me she wished I had put her up for adoption and I was the meanest person she knew..Children can hurt parents too.

Been a year now since she cut me off...

Snoozy

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I know all bout parents saying ugly thingd to their children. When I was on my way out of the BoRg, she told me in an email that it's ok if I die at Armageddon because then she'd be able to have kids again in the new order and she'd simply replace me. She also told me I'm not her son any longer and that as far as she's concerned I'm dead. Cult.

Chris-

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A sad but great thread.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I can still remember it, one sunny day when I was five, holding mummies hand, walking up the path to this big old house in Balham, through the door, where she left me, no warning, to face life on my own, it was a Childrens home and she was getting rid of me.

JW parents arent the worst parents in the world, in fact when I made my own way into the "truth", I was actually quite jealous of the relationships the young ones had with thier JW parents.

Not to diminish the suffering mentioned in folks posts here, or the pain of shunning, but dont think child abuse is purely a JW doctrine.

• VIII
    VIII

How horrible parents can be!

My mom has said and done many similar things as reported. One sticks out-she repeatedly told my sister and I that our father never loved us and that "we were millstones around her neck" that was one of her favorite phrases to let us know how lucky we were to have her as our mother. She would then threaten to drop us at the local orphanage if we acted up in any way at all. She did drive us there once and demanded that we get out and announce ourselves. We had to beg for mercy, say we were sorry and plead with her to take us home. (there was an old fashioned orphanage about 4 blocks from where we lived-it was scary looking!)

She did but I'll always remember how she used our fear of being abandoned as a way to control us.

Some people, obviously, should never procreate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit