My son was murdered today

by truman 322 Replies latest jw experiences

• truman
    truman

I have been on this site daily, almost from its beginning, since I left the JWs in 2001, but I have been more of a reader than a poster, as you can see from my post count. I know few here know me, although I know many of you through reading your posts. Maybe it is not right to ask for support, when I generally stay quietly in the background of this forum, but I want only to speak a human misery of the deepest kind. My son died today. He was murdered. My son was a locksmith assisting sheriff deputies serve an eviction notice, when my son and one of the deputies were shot and killed by the resident. My son was 35 years old. He was a kind, gentle, and intelligent man. He was also still a JW, but when I left the organization more than a decade ago, he never gave me misery over that decision--although I know it hurt him deeply. We had a close relationship, and I cannot even imagine how much I will miss him.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I can not fathom the level of hurt and pain this must bring you. I am so sorry for your loss and especially for your son's loss. I wish I had more than what must seem empty words to offer you. I hope you find peace and wish you the strength to endure until you do.

My deepest sympathy, truly,

Jackie

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I have no idea what to say to this... But I am deeply sorry to hear that about your loss. A person should never have to go through what you're going through right now. Hopefully someone who is better qualified than I am can relate, or share their thoughts?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I am so sorry.

My god. What an uspeakable tragedy.

I'm so, so sorry that your son has been taken from you.

so sorry.

This is a good place, I think, to share things out and get support.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Gone too soon.

My deepest sympathy goes to you and your family.

Chris

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

And it is always right to ask for support when something like this happens. I can't imagine anyone not needing support through such a tragedy.

• TOTH
    TOTH

This is awful. I have no words that can ease your pain or soothe you in any way. Being a father, I know the dread one feels when we think of the things this world can do to our children. You and you loved ones have my deepest sympathy and condolences. This forum is about support. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that we are here for you.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I'm truly sorry for your loss, Truman.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Absolutely horrid. I am so sorry for your loss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit