Is it just me or is JWN going through a nice phase at the moment?

by nicolaou 70 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Phizzy, are you trying to steal the She-Devil's thunder???

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i have one guy that i do like, as crazy as he is, whatever new name JCanon is under. what he writes brings me to tears of laughter. The whole black, homosexual, transvestite, Diana Ross drag queen, Messiah thing is the greatest. plus add in a dumpster and you have an all time classic.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

and I'm back: a lil fluffly, a lil intelligent, a lil mad

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Maybe nice is contagious and we've all caught it from each other.

So it's all of you faults I have aposta-nooties (nice apostate cooties).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Too good to last I suppose. Nathan Natas banned, SlimBoyFat banned, King Solomon banned. Recovery/Still Recovery/OlinMoyle41 . . . ?

I REFUSE to get sucked into this and will not be drawn into another fifteen page slanging match which ends with more bannings and hurt feelings but I do worry about our attitude towards free speech and offense.

The threat of being banned makes it more difficult to speak freely and openly - sound familiar? Now I'm NOT one of the idiots who'll equate JWN expulsions to the Watchtower disfellowshipping members who disagree with it but surely we could make Simons life a lot easier by growing thicker skin and behaving like adults?

I'm not on ANYONE'S side! I'll listen to the lone, critical voice against concensus everytime because you never know - the 'idiot' may be right! I'll argue with him, debate him, refute him and when I know there's nothing left to say I'll conclude my time with him. It takes an awful lot to offend me, I can only recall a couple of instances in almost 12 years here where I've felt offended and that was when my family were insulted by, let's face it, strangers.

Of course, not being privvy to all the information involved when someone gets banned means that questions simmer and fester. I hate that. I hate 'hidden' information. Perhaps Posting Guideline 11 might be less contentious if moderators fully explained their decision to ban someone?

Just bashing keys as I think. . .

If you're too lazy to watch an 8 minute video then at least watch from the 2 minute 17 second mark. Nic'

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Maybe banning happens a bit too easily. But there is good reason when debates end in personal attacks, threats, or some form do harassment. I can't help but think of oompa all the time in this. Our words can hurt, especially in an emotionally charged place like this where we've all been hurt and some feelings are still raw. Not that oompah fate was tied to here. But it shows that even when we are out our feelings are still intense, and what we say CAN hurt or heal.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Why do people get banned? How long is a ban enforced? And how do you know when someone else gets banned? I guess I'm not on here enough :/

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Attacks? Threats? Harrassment? Yeah, I guess Nathan and Slimboy were a real threat that we need protection from

. Look, there is an obligation on the writer to choose his words carefully but there is also an obligation on the reader. It's your choice to be here and take part. It's your choice to engage or not with a particular individual and yes, in large part it's your CHOICE as to how offended you will feel. As to personal 'threats' - give me a break! This is an internet forum, impotent threats bounce off me. Come to my home and threaten me, that would actually MEAN something. Apologies for the crappy formatting, I'm posting from my phone. So much for not getting sucked in eh?

• cedars
    cedars

nicolau - it's easy to comment on these things when you're not on the receiving end.

That's all I have to say, without being too "sensitive".

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

nicolaou - you have a PM.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit