EVERYONE IS A THEIST

by botchtowersociety 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Bloody hell...and I thought this was being serious. I think I need another coffee.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Burns, you ever looked into simulation hypothesis? I'm as agnostic about it as I am about the possibile existence of a deistic-type god. Still, I have a hard time entertaining the idea of transhumanism without circling back around to simulation hypothesis. If the former is achievable, why shouldn't we suspect we are already in a post-human era and are currently deep in a simulation, for which we likely volunteered? That would also explain human suffering where a more intelligent entity would surely be concerned about ethics and free will of experimenting on emotionally fragile creatures.

Of course, that's as unfalsifiable as solipsism, so what good is it? So then I have a hard time taking the Singularity seriously either. But most of this is really over my head so I try to stay in the shallow end of the pool where it's safe. :-)

This is just one more subject where remaining unconvinced seems to be the safest route until I find enough evidence and reason to move from that position.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...Teilhard is almost surely the first to discuss the acceleration of technological progress to a Singularity in which human intelligence will become super-intelligence. ..." Burn the Ships, post #4676

Ah, but there's the inevitability of extinction to contend with, first.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I remember Burn the Ships. He was a Catholic believers as I recall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit