Something about the end of the current system of things they can't pony up to...

by okage 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

How many JWs thought they would never reach their teens, 20s, 30s... retirement, end of their lives... before the new system came in?

How many JWs spent their whole lives trusting the organization, loyally believing and proclaiming one failed date after another, only to be blamed in the publications for running ahead of Jehovah?

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

marked hey all.....

• cantleave
    cantleave

I remember when I was 17 and studying in 6th form college for my "A" levels, I was chosen to give an experience I had in college at the Circuit assembly. I was told not to say "college", but "school" for fear that some young ones in the audience may see it as acceptable to go onto higher education.

(edited) That was in 1984.

• okage
  • Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Inorder to remain relevant, a doomsday religion has to continue predicting the end or it becomes irrelevant to the rank & file. Everyday that goes by is another drop in the bucket or second in time proving the WTBTS is false. Time is not their friend.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How many JWs thought they would never reach their teens, 20s, 30s... retirement, end of their lives... before the new system came in?

"Millions Now Living . . . . . . . Will Die Waiting"

Doc

• clarity
    clarity

00Dad ..... thanks for your efforts (2 months ago) to print out the comparisons ......

2012 now to 1969 & 1968 RE: watchtower education directives!!

>

So many deny this ...... even my own family!

It is a KEEPER ...thanks

clarity

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

okage:

Good post. I came into the religion after 1975 and they carefully hid this fiasco from new studies like it never happened.

Now, they must imagine that nobody from 1975 is around or they won't dare talk about what happened. So, the religion feels confident to peddle the same worthless message again to a new generation of gullible people in the religion! With the internet now available to everybody, hopefully there will be fewer people who will fall for it. I am so sorry the internet wasn't available to me back then. I would have run from these people and not looked back.

the crushed and Toth:

I feel so badly for people born into this religion. When I hear stories about faithful JWs who sold everything in 1975 and had to start all over again because the world did not end, it is truly sad. Not sad that the world didn't end, because I would not be here, but sad because these JWs were so trusting and believing with a dead-sure certainty everything that was taught to them! You can be very sincere but be sincerely wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit