Special Day talk on Youtube

by andys 26 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Thanks Cap'n. Makes sense. The last time I attended a Circle Assembly, the music overhead was so loud, I could hardly hear any voice. Just strange.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Shocking that I had to listen to that same BS drivel so many years ago, 30 to be exact.

Today we have a timely and encouraging talk .....

Was that music ever bad, not just recording of it but the music in itself ,

thats suppose to please Jehovah, I 'm guessing he would cover over his ears !

Listening to that talk and the WT. study was like going back in time for me, for you could say

this tapping occurred in 1980 and you wouldn't be able to tell if it was or not.

The ever present this system of things is drawing to a close , was there , therefore we must keep are self diligent in the preaching work.

Bla bla bla

Amazing what brainwashing can do in suspending people's intellect.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I tried watching it but I keep shutting it off. I just can't stand the fact that it's crap, people accept it, and their lives would be so better off without it

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Those supposed Special Talks coming up was nothing but an intensional hype for something that wasn't really anything

special about them.

After you went to hear the special talk, it was just more drivel to push the preaching work or a change in how the organization was

going to operate itself, something that could have easily been said or spoken about at any Sunday meeting.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

they are just new outlines. The rank and file don't know it, so they get all excited over.......nothing. My MIL even called my wife to listen to it on the phone, as if the great trib was getting announced. Nice scam

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@wha happened - You are right, it's just a new PT, #181 to be exact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS IT LATER THAN YOU THINK?

Note to the speaker:

Exhort the audience “on the basis of love,” particularly when considering the last section directed toward

inactive ones (Phm 9; be 266 pars. 1-3)

“TELL US, WHEN WILL THESE THINGS BE?” (4 min.)

Recently, we commemorated the death of Jesus, thereby honoring him and Jehovah God

We were reminded of their overwhelming love for us even in our present sinful state (Ro 5:8; 1Jo 4:9)

Each passing year that we proclaim the death of the Lord by means of observing the Memorial brings us closer

to the end of this system of things (1Co 11:26)

Jesus’ gripping prophecy found at Mark 13:1-4 has long been a subject of great interest and speculation [Read]

Jesus gave his disciples a composite sign identifying the last days of Satan’s wicked system of things [Read

Mark 13:8]

This prophecy has a two-fold fulfillment—in the first century and in our day

Is Mark 13:8 being fulfilled? What do the facts show? Are we really in the last days? Is it later than you think?

COMPOSITE SIGN OF THE LAST DAYS (11 min.)

Let us examine five specific features identified by Jesus

(1) “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom” (w08 5/15 13-14 par. 7)

Since 1914 more than 100 million lives have been lost in wars!

(2) “There will be earthquakes in one place after another” (w11 5/1 4)

(3) “There will be food shortages” (w11 5/1 5)

(4) “There will be . . . in one place after another pestilences” (Lu 21:11; w11 5/1 6)

(5) There is “the increasing of lawlessness” (Mt 24:12)

Lawlessness is a blatant disregard for God’s laws and principles; increasingly, many consider such sins as

adultery and homosexuality to be acceptable (Isa 5:20; w02 3/1 9 par. 8)

We have touched on just five features of the composite sign

What do you think? Are we really living in the last days?

Never before have these features been as prominent as they are now

The facts prove that it is much later than most people think!

RETURN NOW, AND ACTIVELY SERVE THE SHEPHERD OF OUR SOULS (15 min.)

We do not know how long Jehovah will o?er reconciliation (2Co 5:18-20; w98 12/15 17-18 pars. 9-11)

We do know that destruction of the wicked is soon to come [Read 2 Peter 3:11, 12]

We do well to ask ourselves, ‘Do I demonstrate that I really believe that “the time left is reduced”?’

(1Co 7:29-31)

Jehovah invites people from all walks of life to take in life-giving knowledge from the Bible (Re 22:17)

Taking in such knowledge and acting in harmony with it can lead to everlasting life in Paradise on earth

Does that prospect appeal to you?

It is urgent that you act without delay

Jehovah’s Witnesses would be pleased to assist you in learning how you can bring your life into

harmony with God’s will

Jehovah also wants his inactive sheep to come back into his loving everlasting arms (De 33:27; La 3:40)

If you were once an active servant of Jehovah, please take to heart the words of 1 Peter 2:25 [Read] (jr 130

par. 5)

That you have made the e?ort to be here is evidence that you have not forgotten your Shepherd and his

commandments [Read Psalm 119:176]

There are a number of reasons why individuals become inactive (w08 11/15 13-15 pars. 5-13)

Whatever your reason, we entreat you to accept the necessary assistance so that you can again actively

serve our loving Shepherd (jr 72-76 pars. 13-16; 152-153 pars. 22-25)

Allow God’s Word and our Christian publications to help you gain spiritual strength (Ps 119:105)

You will receive the support of Jehovah’s loving congregation (1Pe 5:2; w08 11/15 16 pars. 19-22)

In the past, prophets provided needed reminders to God’s people and warned them of God’s coming judgments

(Am 3:7)

Today, Jehovah uses his anointed servants to remind even the righteous that it is later than most think

(Eze 3:21)

These servants have proved to be immovable, like iron pillars in a fortified city (Jer 1:17-19)

No. 181-E 6/11

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Not criticizing the speakers handle of english etc,

But for a special talk and special announcement i would have though they would pick an 'effective' public speaker.

Just says to me they couldn't care less...just use whoever is up next on the talk schedule...

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit