Can You Answer These 16 Bible Questions Honestly?

by The Searcher 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@The Searcher:

So, do you - and should all other witnesses, believe that all our teachings and publications are Spirit-directed? Simply put, are they inspired of God or men? (1 John 4:1)

The evidence is clear that God's organization is spirit-directed due to our faith in God's inspired word of truth and our heartfelt desire to demonstrate love among ourselves, and it is by means of God's spirit that we are being sanctified and are ever perfecting holiness in God's fear and keeping ourselves separate from the world, its politics, its strife and its conflicts. (John 17:16; 2 Corinthians 7:1) Our love for God and our neighbor in being manifested daily as we continually preach and declare the good news about the established kingdom of God without letup, and with regularity teach others what the holy spirit says to the congregation through God's word, the Bible, both at our Kingdom Halls and in our house to house work as we give honor and praise to God's name and show the utmost respect for his word of truth (Matthew 24:14; Luke 11:2; John 17:17; Acts 5:42).

Many Jehovah's Witnesses understand that our being led as an organization by holy spirit means that we are a spirit-led, spirit-driven or spirit directed organization, since it is our endeavor as an organization of God's people, to accept guidance from and to obey what God says to us as an organization through his word. Being spirit-directed means that when we read one of the above-cited scriptures (John 17:16, 17, 2 Corinthians 7:1, Luke 11:2, Acts 5:42 or Matthew 24:14), we are obedient to what the holy spirit is saying to us, because it is through the Bible that God speaks to us, through his spirit.

That you would be asking me here whether Jehovah's Witnesses are "inspired of God or men" is a curiosity to me, for this would suggest that you, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses or as having been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for a time do not know that what things we teach in our publications are not inspired by God at all or that the governing body that represents the faithful and discreet slave are not inspired men at all, and that we do not receive direct instructions from God at all. Learn what this means: "We are walking by faith." (2 Corinthians 5:7)

Except for the scriptures cited and quoted in our literature for teaching purposes, there is nothing in any of the things that you may have read in the Society's publications that is inspired of God, and whoever it is that thinks our publications to be a substitute for God's word is ignorant and they need to evaluate whether they are slaves of God and "subordinates of Christ" or, rather, are really "slaves of men." (1 Corinthians 4:1; 7:23) Only the Bible "is inspired of God." (2 Timothy 3:16)

@djeggnog

• N.drew
    N.drew
    keeping ourselves separate from the world, its politics, its strife and its conflicts.

No djeggnog, the Jehovah's Witnesses do not keep themselves separate from strife and conflicts. By the way they work out their doctrines they create strife and conflict.

I have had a revelation about what keeping one's self separate from the world means and JWs do not do that.

Even the letters they sent to Nazi Germany prove they are not no part of the world.

They have demonstrated without doubt that they are NOT separate from the world, it's politics, its strife and its conflicts.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Djeggnog you said this,

"An acquittal is essentially the rendering of someone accused of a crime as innocent, or, as I say above, the "judicial determination as to our culpability for a crime." The Greek word literally rendered "has been justified" in the KIT has nothing at all to do with justification and this word is not the same as someone being "justified" or "declared righteous." Perhaps you would do well to stick to reading English language Bible translations, like the New World Translation, for if you were to read this Romans 6:7, say, in the King James Version Bible, you would see that instead of the word "acquitted," the word used there is "free," which has the same meaning of a judge that sets someone free from culpability for a crime.

Therefore, you would be the one saying that "a murdering child rapist is justified, declared righteous at his death." I have not said this nor would I ever say something like this knowing as I do what things the Bible teaches, and knowing as I do that the difference between someone being "justified" or someone being "declared righteous" is stark."

In the book Insight on the Scriptures (1988 WTBTS) page 603 under the subheading Declare Righteous it says

"The original words (di kai oo [verb] di ka o ma and di kai o sis[noun] in the Christian Greek Scriptures, where the fullest expanation of the matter is found, basically carry the idea of absolving or clearing of any charge, holding as guiltless, and hence acquiting, or pronouncing and treating as righteous , ..."

"Thus the apostle Paul speaks of God as being "proved righteous [form of di kai o o] in His words and winning when being judged by detractors."

"The apostle Paul states that the person who dies is "acquitted [form of di kai oo] from his sin "

Thats why I said this

"In The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures it translated the greek as at Romans 6:7 as "has been justified"

I understood this means to be declared righteous. Are you saying that a murdering child rapist is justified, declared righteous at his death."

• etna
    etna

eggnog,

So the jws are wrong about 1914??????????

Etna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit