Can You Answer These 16 Bible Questions Honestly?

by The Searcher 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

What Does the Bible Really Teach? Using only the Bible, can you prove - 1. who the 'other sheep' are? 2. the context of John 10:16? 3. who Christ's brothers are? 4. who God's sons are? 5. the term 'new scrolls' exists ? 6. that our own death wipes out our sins? 7. whoshouldpartake on Nisan 14? 8. that Judas didn't? 9. who are in the New Covenant? 10. blood fractions are acceptable? 11. Sodom was destroyed - not people? 12. aliens were not in the Covenant? 13. a gov. body sorted the circumcision issue? 14. when Jesus was made king? 15. 'hiding places' refers to elders? 16. 1st Pet. 4:17has taken place?

The foregoing questions are ones which most brothers and sisters would answer readily, based on what they have been taught in the Society's literature. However, a deeper study of the Scriptures reveal Bible truths which invalidate man's false interpretations and exposes them as lies. Any sincere requests for Biblicalproof and reasoning will be provided ASAP. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and serve in my congregation. It hurts deeply to hear so-called 'maturel' brothers on the platform reciting in parrot fashion untruths they have never questioned, using God's Word. Paul assured us that Jehovah is allowing ones to believe what they want to believe. (2 Thess. 2:11,12) Test the 'inspired expressions' yourself, to see if they really originate with our heavenly Father.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Proverbs 6:16

http://biblos.com/proverbs/6-16.htm

haughty eyes and a lying tongue hates the Lord

Matthew 22:37

The first command is you must love the Lord with ALL the heart

http://biblos.com/matthew/22-37.htm

Proverbs Chapter Six

http://biblebrowser.com/proverbs/6-16.htm

• blondie
    blondie

What Does the Bible Really Teach? Using only the Bible, can you prove -

1. who the 'other sheep' are?

2. the context of John 10:16?

3. who Christ's brothers are?

4 . who God's sons are?

5. the term 'new scrolls'exists?

6. that our own death wipes out our sins?

7.who should partake on Nisan 14?

8. that Judas didn't?

9. who are in the New Covenant?

10. blood fractions are acceptable?

11. Sodom was destroyed - not people? 1

12. aliens were not in the Covenant?

13. a gov. body sorted the circumcision issue?

14. when Jesus was made king?

15. 'hiding places' refers to elders?

16. 1st Pet. 4:17 has taken place?

The foregoing questions are ones which most brothers and sisters would answer readily, based on what they have been taught in the Society's literature. However, a deeper study of the Scriptures reveal Bible truths which invalidate man's false interpretations and exposes them as lies. Any sincere requests for Biblical proof and reasoning will be provided ASAP. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and serve in my congregation. It hurts deeply to hear so-called 'maturel' brothers on the platform reciting in parrot fashion untruths they have never questioned, using God's Word. Paul assured us that Jehovah is allowing ones to believe what they want to believe. (2 Thess. 2:11,12) Test the 'inspired expressions' yourself, to see if they really originate with our heavenly Father.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thanks Blondie!

The only one I know how to answer for sure is "who are Christ's brothers?". #3

Mark 3:33-35

33 Answering them, He said, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” 34 Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! 35For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

It is extremely haughty for the Governing Body to be teaching that they alone are doing God's will. And it's a lie.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

good questions!

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

I submit the proposition, N.drew's answer, answers the first four questions adequately.

L'n'T......woz

• mP
    mP

isnt it amazing how a harmly ordinary sentence or phrase in the bible can have not one but multiple meanings. take any sentence and start replacing individual words w/ others and god will reveal to you something wonderful. there must be hundreds of verses w/ sheep in them, why they dont have double meanings while jesus one does i will never know. from just this one verse the wts has written enrptire books and magazines. its a shame they dont use the same technique to find a cure for cancer, im pretty sure theres a recipe in luke about that.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@mP..... um errr...Physician, heal thy self....could that be the answer I wonder.....(LOL)

L'n'T......woz

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@blondie:

Thanks for reposting and reformatting the OP's message. It seems evident that the poster doesn't yet understand that the space bar should not be used in lieu of a carrier return (produced by the "Enter" key) to initiate a line break to start a new line, which I believe to have occurred in the OP's original post.

@The Searcher:

What Does the Bible Really Teach

Using only the Bible, can you prove -

1. who the 'other sheep' are?

The Kingdom arrangement was set up in the first place for the eternal blessing of the entire human family, and there would be those making up a "little flock" (Luke 12:32) of sheep in the spiritual sheepfold (John 10:1-3, 7-9), who would be taken into the new covenant that would serve as priests and rule as kings with Christ during Jesus' Millennial Reign, who partake figuratively of Jesus' flesh and blood, and those of the "other sheep" (John 10:16), who would not be of the "little flock" fold, but would be "one flock" with the "little flock" in also washing their robes and making them white in the Lamb's blood. However, the "other sheep" would not partake figuratively of Jesus' flesh and blood since they are, in effect, circumcised alien resident that cannot become a king or a priest in Israel.

To be a part of the spiritual seed of Abraham and heirs of the Abrahamic Covenant, one needs to have been begotten by God's spirit to become as member, for it is by means of this seed that the human family, which dedicates themselves to Jehovah God through Christ Jesus through water baptism, became beneficiaries of the blessings that flow from this Kingdom arrangement in their having righteousness imputed to them.

2. the context of John 10:16?

Jesus explained that there would be "other sheep" of a different "fold" that he would also bring into his sheepfold as a part of his "one flock" of sheep besides those in the spiritual sheepfold, who would do good to those in the "little flock" and receive everlasting life. (Matthew 24:31-46)

3. who Christ's brothers are?

Christ's "brothers" are those of "Abraham's seed," "sharers of blood and flesh" and "partakers of the heavenly calling" (Hebrews 2:16, 17; 3:1)

4. who God's sons are?

God's "sons" are those of Abraham's seed that were "released by purchase" and brought by God to heavenly glory by Jesus, who sanctifies those who God 'adopts as sons' and become "heirs" with Christ with respect to the Abrahamic Covenant (Galatians 3:26, 29; 4:4-7; Hebrews 2:10, 11)

5. the term 'new [scrolls' exists]?

No, but terms like the "scroll of life" (Revelation 13:8; 17:8; 20:12; 21:27) and the "book of life" (Revelation 3:15; 20:15) do exist, which have reference to those of the anointed and those of the "other sheep," whose names will join those of the anointed in this book after Christ's Millennial Rule has ended when God adds them after the final test (Exodus 32:32; Psalm 69:28; Philippians 4:3) It is to be noted, however, that at Revelation 20:12, there is mention made of "a scroll" being opened, and the conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses have drawn is that this scroll could essentially be new instructions from God -- perhaps a new Bible, we don't know -- but we cannot be dogmatic and must wait to learn what is contained in this "scroll."

6. that our own death wipes out our sins?

Romans 6:7 indicates that by our own death, we are "acquitted" of our sins

7. who should partake on Nisan 14?

Those who have been taken into the new Covenant as spiritual Israel with whom Jesus has established a covenant for a kingdom who will sit on thrones in the Kingdom of God with Christ (Luke 22:28-30)

8. that Judas didn't?

Yes, for after Jesus had observed the passover with all 12 of his apostles, Jesus tells Judas Iscariot at John 13:27 to get what he was doing "done more quickly," after which John 13:30 clearly states that it was after Judas had received the morsel from Jesus that Judas "went out immediately," which means that he wasn't there. We know that Judas wasn't there when he instituted the Lord's Evening Meal for John 13:31 indicates that it was after Judas "had gone out" that Jesus goes on to tell everyone at John 13:38 that Peter was going to betray him "before a cock crows" (Matthew 26:34; Mark 14:30; Luke 22:33)

9. who are in the New Covenant?

The ones to whom Jehovah had approved of giving them a share in the kingdom of God, namely, the "little flock" (Luke 12:32)

10. blood fractions are acceptable?

It is scripturally ok to accept blood fractions if the conscience of the Christian doesn't view the use of blood derivatives made from whole blood to be the misuse of blood or doesn't believe accepting blood fractions to be a violation of God's command at Acts 15:19, 20, to abstain from blood. If a Christian's conscience should not permit him or her to do so, then it would be a sin for that Christian that "considers something to be defiled" to accept blood fractions. (Romans 14:14; James 4:17)

11. Sodom was destroyed - not people?

At Genesis 19:24, 25, the Bible indicates that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God when it rained "sulphur and fire" on these cities, thus destroying "all the inhabitants" of these cities and "the entire District."

12. aliens were not in the Covenant?

While the Law of Moses permitted the alien residents living in Israel to eat the passover along with the sons of Israel so that there was "one law ... for the native and for the alien resident who is residing as an alien in your midst" (Exodus 12:49), the New Covenant instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ consisted of those of the Israel of God, who were of the seed of Abraham and thus in the Abrahamic Covenant, and who would sit on thrones with Christ in the Kingdom of God, which included Jews and Gentiles alike, who were alien residents, but the "other sheep" today that correspond to these "alien residents" today would, just like the alien resident that lived as an alien in Israel was ineligible to become a king or a priest in Israel, but were regarded as members of "the congregation of Jehovah," those of the "other sheep" would not sit on thrones with Christ or become priests in God's kingdom and so would not symbolically eat Jesus' flesh or drink Jesus' blood. (Deuteronomy 16:11, 14; 23:8 ;Luke 22:28-30; Galatians 6:16)

13. a gov. body sorted the circumcision issue?

At Acts 15:2, we learn that Paul and Barnabas and some others went "up to the apostles and older men in Jerusalem regarding this dispute" that had arisen over whether it was necessary to circumcise Gentile Christians, so it would appear that this group of men formed a governing body to settle the circumcision issue.

14. when Jesus was made king?

Jesus was made king when the appointed times of the nations, which began to be counted with the destruction of the temple in 607 BC, were fulfilled, after Jerusalem had been trampled upon by the Gentile nations for some 2,520 years, in 1914 AD (Luke 21:24; Revelation 12:6, 14), since God had foretold through Ezekiel, after Zedekiah was deposed as king of God's representative theocratic government here on earth, that the Messianic crown would not be given to anyone until "he comes who has the legal right" (Daniel 4:25; Ezekiel 21:26, 27), and so it was in 1914 that "the kingdom of the world did become the kingdom" of the Lord Jesus Christ (Revelation 11:15)

15. 'hiding places' refers to elders?

The elders are as hiding places, and places of concealment from the wind and rainstorms of trouble and pressures brought to bear on God's people, who are spiritually qualified to provide relief through refreshing counsel and encouragement to the flock of God, and who provide protection from the things that can encroach upon the peace and tranquility of God's people, and justice. (Isaiah 32:1, 2; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 4;14; Titus 1:5-9)

16. 1st Pet. 4:17 has taken place?

Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that this judgment actually began back after WWI, in 1918, at which time the reputation of the symbolic "two witnesses" was killed off in fulfillment of Revelation 11:1-11, at the same time when God and the messenger of the covenant, Jesus Christ, had come to his spiritual temple to inspect the temple class, but after being exonerated from the false charges that had caused the proclamation of the established kingdom of God to be temporarily halted and their release from Babylon the Great in 1919, this provided circumstantial evidence that the master had returned to inspect his slaves, at which time the "spirit of life from God entered into them" and the spiritual nation was reborn at that time.

The foregoing questions are ones which most brothers and sisters would answer readily, based on what they have been taught in the Society's literature.

I'm sure that there are many more questions than these 16 that were included in your post that Jehovah's Witnesses would know how to answer based on what things they have been taught using the Bible and the Society's literature, because many Jehovah's Witnesses today that have read the Bible and never really studied the Bible, and so they are often found repeating what things they have read in our publications and so have no knowledge of where, in the Bible -- the book, chapter and verse(s) -- what things they believe and they teach can be found, nor have they ever really taken the time to learn the basis for why it is we believe the things we believe as Jehovah's Witnesses, since they tend to use our publications as a crutch.

However, a deeper study of the Scriptures reveal Bible truths which invalidate man's false interpretations and exposes them as lies.

So what are you saying? That what things you have heard some Jehovah's Witnesses, who tend to "parrot" what things they have read in our publications since they are manifestly incapable of proving what Jehovah's Witnesses believe scripturally, are "false interpretations" and "lies"? If so, more than your asserting these things are so will be needed, because I don't agree with this assessment of our teachings.

Any sincere requests for Biblical proof and reasoning will be provided ASAP.

If you should disagree with the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses and can provide scriptural proof that will back up any of your beliefs that are in conflict with our teachings with proof, I'm willing to listen to what you should provide here as proof, but, at this time, I'm merely responding to your 16 questions.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and serve in my congregation. It hurts deeply to hear so-called ['mature'] brothers on the platform reciting in parrot fashion untruths they have never questioned, using God's Word. Paul assured us that Jehovah is allowing ones to believe what they want to believe. (2 Thess. 2:11,12) Test the 'inspired expressions' yourself, to see if they really originate with our heavenly Father.

Just because you are of the opinion that some among Jehovah's Witnesses -- those that are said to be spiritually "mature" -- are preaching "untruths" from the platform, what you have said here so far doesn't constitute proof of your contention. Yes, as the apostle John wrote at 1 John 4:1, we ought to test the "inspired expressions" we might hear, but in citing 2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12, you seem to be suggesting that you believe that these brothers in your local congregation are preaching "error" from the platform. I'm not so sure that this is true since I have to assume that what things they are saying are in accord with the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

To be clear, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I happen to be a spiritually mature brother that makes use of the Society's publications, but one that does not solely rely upon them as a crutch as do many Jehovah's Witnesses, for I know and understanding the Bible quite well. While I'm willing to discuss your contention, I'm going to require that you provide a few examples that you believe to be demonstrative of what these brothers in your local congregation are teaching with which things you do not agree and believe to be in error.

By the way, you might use the "Enter" key on your keyboard to start a new line if line breaks do not automatically end the line on which you are typing and you wish to end a line to start another line. It causes a formatting issue that @blondie sought to correct for you in reposting your initial message when you hold down the space bar to start a new line, rather than end a line with a carrier return, which is produced when you press the "Enter" key.

@N.drew:

The only one I know how to answer for sure is "who are Christ's brothers?". #3

Mark 3:33-35

33Answering them, He said, "Who are My mother and My brothers?" 34Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! 35"For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother."

It is extremely haughty for the Governing Body to be teaching that they alone are doing God's will. And it's a lie.

Although I am not a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, Jehovah's Witnesses do not teach and had never taught that the Governing Body "alone" are the ones that are doing God's will; you made this up. You quoted Mark 3:33-35 to suggest that one that merely does God's will becomes one of Christ's brothers, which isn't true at all, so who really is the one lying here?

Rather, as I stated above, Christ's "brothers" are those of "Abraham's seed," the ones that are "partakers of the heavenly calling." (Hebrews 2:16, 17; 3:1) It is error on your part to take the view that those who are doing God's will, but are not of Abraham's seed as being "Christ's brothers," because even if you should be doing God's will and doing all you can to please God, if you have not been called to heavenly life, if God's spirit hasn't borne witness to your spirit that you are one of God's children (Romans 8:16), then you cannot be one of "Christ's brothers," for just as Romans 9:16 indicates, "it depends, not upon the one wishing nor upon the one running" that one becomes a part of Abraham's seed, but it depends "upon God, who has mercy" and he is the one that does the calling "with a holy calling," and not you, no matter what you may wish to be true for you. To believe otherwise when you have not been called would be a case of delusional thinking. (2 Timothy 1:9)

@djeggnog

• N.drew
    N.drew

"whose will it is that all men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" 1 Timothy 2:4

You quoted Mark 3:33-35 to suggest that one that merely does God's will becomes one of Christ's brothers, which isn't true at all, so who really is the one lying here?

I don't know who's lying. It seems that according to YOU who is lying is either 1. Jesus or 2. whoever wrote Mark 3:35

So according to what I understand the Governing Body teach, which is listen to them or die, they do teach that they alone are doing God's will. Or is it OK for me to understand the scriptures differently than what they teach today?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit