Watchtower asks Congregation money for publications

by The JHWH 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

Bump.

• stapler99
    stapler99

This makes me wonder why congregations send money to the Society in the first place, when there is a separate contribution box in the hall for this purpose.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

They would never cut a congregation off from receiving magazines and books. But if it were to be a continuing problem....you'd better believe they would shut down that kingdom hall and combine that congregation into another local one. There's a good chance the other KH will help pick up the slack

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

designs u have a PM

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Designs, Kovalak was a real ass from what I rememeber. He was the one who introduced some of the nazi rules at my original cong

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The JHWH,

If you haven't already seen this, it seems to relate to your question regarding congregations being billed for, or in this case pressured to pay for, literature.

Scroll down to Dogpatch's 3663rd post for the information.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/224118/2/Question-for-Dogpatch-Randy-What-will-it-cost-to-produce-the-new-16-page-Watchtower-Awake

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

in south africa we had to pay for our magazines and we would only let them go if we got the R2 per magazine. There were cases where brothers wouldn't get their mags and to move stock and to get the brothers to take it they would announce that from the stage. And to please contribute more to the mags. then it eventually moved to asking for a contribution and I can tell you more money came in from that.

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

Thank you ScenicViewer! Exactly what i was looking for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit