The Special Talk.....

by wha happened? 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bennyk
    bennyk

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

People in a local congregation were treated on Tuesday to a postcard informing them of the change in the magazines' format. It said: "Now it will take you twice as long to get your college degree."

Friday, another postcard arrived with a picture of the Special Issue of the 1968 Awake! and the statement: "only a few years, at most, remain..." (Elders got their postcards Saturday.)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

funny, but a wasted joke, they won't get it.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Just making sure - Sunday's talk was from a manuscript wasn't it?

The reason I ask... Clyde's friend called to say how bombastic their speaker was--as if he was using his own words. If it was a manuscript, I would think he couldn't have deviated from the script, could he?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It was from an outline, not a manuscript. Usually only DC talks are manuscript. Here's a link to a thread with the outline:

Anyone have the outline for the 2012 'Special Talk'

Scroll down to yknot's post, it's the 4th one!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My wife attended the meeting but as usual she made no comments on the talk or the special announcement. My son and his family were away for the week end but they were supposed to attend the meeting where they were visiting...that didn't happen. So I was quite surprised that when they returned my wife didn't say anything about the new 16 page mags...BTW I printed out the 1968 Awake with the article Is is later than you think and left it on my desk in my office...lately my son and one of his buddies did some work on a PC and the print out was right there...I hope that they were curious enough to take a look...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit