The "worlds" view of the preaching work- pretty accurate

by stuckinamovement 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Around here, you see more and more "No Trespassing" signs, even in town, ever since it got out that the WTBTS told publishers NOT to call at those doors or to do so at their own risk. If they call at the No Trespassing' homes, the home owner has legal recourse to prosecute for trespassing and the borg will not help you legally.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Around here, you see more and more "No Trespassing" signs, even in town, ever since it got out that the WTBTS told publishers NOT to call at those doors or to do so at their own risk. If they call at the No Trespassing' homes, the home owner has legal recourse to prosecute for trespassing and the borg will not help you legally.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Double post, sorry! Though my browser froze up!

• stillin
    stillin

Unfortunately, zero growth just isn't the reality. There are still lonely, lost souls who think they see something that they can do to connect with other misfits. They start coming to meetings and the excitement is contagious! And nearly every cong has one or two "from the territory" to point to and justify all those hours spent, magazines printed, gas burned, homes neglected as to maintenance, etc. Little did Jesus know that his followers, by following in his footsteps, would be leaving such a carbon footprint!

But of course, the real growth is from the Witnesses having children who grow up with a narrow world view, who simply stay with the
    "clan" rather than exploring other possibilities.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wordly people are actually more tolerant to our bullshit, than they are given credit for!

• flipper
    flipper

STUCKINAMOVEMENT- What a hilarious , yet sad experience all at the same time ! Jesus. I make a practice of questioning the JW's when they come to my door and try to get them to think with their authentic minds. But they may have placed us on a " do not call " list since I brain shrunk an elders head in my living room for 30 minutes a year ago. My daughter told them I'm an inactive JW and they called on me. No fear though- I think I freaked him out so much with the info that he never called back. LOL !

But seriously, the JW's don't realize how many lives and people they are bothering and insulting by disturbing them Saturday or Sunday mornings. Most " normal " humans want to sleep in, make love, watch T.V. football or baseball , or just have a wonderful " quiet " breakfast. But almost ALL of those " normal " human functions are demonized in the JW cult. I guess there's the option of not answering the door either. It's just plain annoying

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JW "theology" is so self-serving: When people accept their message it's "proof" it's the truth; when people reject the message, that's persecution which of course is also "proof" it's the truth.

You can't argue with a sick mind.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The preaching work is like a dog chasing its tail.

No matter how hard rover tries he never seems to "get it"; he just keeps trying and trying and trying to no avail.

The constant tail chasing is not only annoying but every one is laughing at him and saying, "what a stupid dog".

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

The only time JWs ever came to my door, I didn't answer because I was 12 and home alone. If it is a Mormon, I'm usually just civil with them and tell them I'm not interested. They always offer to help you with stuff around the house, though, regardless of whether or not you're interested. I think that's lovely. Maybe the JWs should do that. People would be happier to see them!

My JW boyfriend complained about a door to door salesman that came to his house once, and I couldn't not laugh at him.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Where I live they have been knocking for nigh on a century, and all the people around here know about them is the negative stuff, what they don't do and don't believe.

How the flook is that a "life saving work" ? My better half works in a crowded environment, loads of other employees around chatting etc, she says that whenever the JW's come up in conversation No One has a good word to say about them.

So, a hundred years of knocking, message delivered ? Nope. Good P.R job ? Nope.

Epic fail ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit