Letter Dated February 1, 2012

by the truth is mine 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine

Can anyone tell me what is in this letter. It is mentioned in the 'PS to coordinator of the body of elders' in the letter dated April 2, 2012 to be read on April 8, 2012 about the changes to the mags and the JW web site. This Feb 1st letter is to be read immediately following the special talk. I figure someone has posted it but I just can't find it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bump

• cantleave
    cantleave

April 2, 2012

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS

Re: Announcement to be read following Watchtower Study during week of April 2, 2012

Dear Brothers:

The Internet is a technology that Jehovah’s organization is using to good advantage to spread the

good news to all corners of the earth. Consider the impact our Web sites are having. On a typical day,

400,000 people, both Witnesses and non-Witnesses, visit watchtower.org, jw.org, or jw-media.org.

They read our publications online in over 430 languages. Each day they download close to half a million

audio, text, or sign-language-video files. Every day a hundred requests for Bible studies are sent

in. To enhance the effectiveness of our use of the Internet, the Governing Body has decided to consolidate

the three sites into one site called jw.org. The Web site will be completely redesigned. It will be

appealing and easy to navigate using either a computer or a mobile device.

The redesigned jw.org Web site is planned for release around the beginning of June 2012. It

will paint an appealing picture of our preaching work, branch offices, Kingdom Halls, and conventions.

A newsroom section will provide up-to-date reporting on events affecting God’s people

worldwide. Selected features from our magazines that can be presented more effectively on the

Web site will now be published only on jw.org. These include the following: “For Young People,”

“My Bible Lessons,” and the Gilead graduation report from the public edition of The Watchtower

and “For Family Review” and “Young People Ask” from Awake! In addition, a series of online articles

available only on the Web site will provide concise, clear answers to questions about the Bible

and about Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The Governing Body has noted the growing tendency for people to obtain reading material

from the Internet and has carefully weighed the effect this trend is having on the printing industry

and on our ability to obtain paper and equipment for printing. Based on these changing conditions,

effective with the issues of January 2013, Awake! and the public edition of The Watchtower will be

reduced from 32 pages to 16 pages. These magazines that we distribute to the public will continue

to provide a rich supply of enlightening material to attract people to the truth of God’s Word. Since

each issue will contain less material, it may be possible for more translation teams to be able to

translate every issue of Awake! and the public edition of The Watchtower, thus increasing the number

of languages in which they are available. The study edition of The Watchtower will continue to

be a 32-page magazine.

The Governing Body is confident that these adjustments will enable us to reach even more

people with the Bible’s life-saving message while continuing to provide a rich supply of nourishing

spiritual food for the worldwide brotherhood.

Your brothers,

cc: Traveling overseers

4/2/12-E

Re: Announcement to be read following Watchtower Study during week of April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

Page 2

PS to coordinator of the body of elders:

This matter should be kept strictly confidential among the elders until the letter is read in

your congregation. Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation following the Watchtower

Study during the week of April 2, 2012. This will be the same day as the special talk. In most

congregations this will be Sunday, April 8, 2012. The brother who delivered the special talk should

be invited to read this letter to the audience, if he is available to do so. Thereafter, this letter should

be posted on the information board for four weeks.

The reading of this letter is in addition to the shorter announcement to be read by the chairman

immediately following the special talk as outlined in the letter dated February 1, 2012, to all

bodies of elders. Therefore, the chairman will read the shorter announcement following the special

talk and before the Watchtower Study. Following the Watchtower Study, the brother who delivered

the special talk will read this letter and thereafter introduce the concluding song.

• mP
    mP

i find the line

The brother who delivered the special talk should be invited to read this letter to the audience, if he is available to do so.

if he just gave the talk how could he not be available ? is he jesus that talks from heaven or something ?

• Gayle
    Gayle

The Internet is a technology that Jehovah’s organization is using to good advantage to spread the

good news to all corners of the earth.

Yesterday, the Internet was 'demonized,' today is 'sanctified.' What adifference a day makes. ??

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, we still don't know what the shorter anncmt. read by the Chairman will be, still not long now, I guess that if the big one above is the important one, to be kept oh so secret,(laugh), the shorter one is about as interesting as the Cricket results would be to someone who hates the game.

Perhaps someone who is forced to go could let us know, the crafty WT sometimes slip something in where it gets quickly submerged for their own nefarious reasons, so in fact, it may not be as irrelevant and boring as I suppose.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You said it Gayle,

that was the same way wit' blood fractions

the "troof " is ajustable

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine

I just remembered that when I gave the not so special talk a couple of years ago they had a short letter that had to be read after the talk that invited people to study to learn more and be fully indoctranated. That is probably what the short letter refered to here:

The reading of this letter is in addition to the shorter announcement to be read by the chairman

immediately following the special talk as outlined in the letter dated February 1, 2012, to all

bodies of elders. Therefore, the chairman will read the shorter announcement following the special

talk and before the Watchtower Study.

• cheerios
    cheerios

good news to all corners of the earth. Consider the impact our Web sites are having. On a typical day,

400,000 people, both Witnesses and non-Witnesses, visit watchtower.org, jw.org, or jw-media.org.

LOL 400,000 people visit a day and that constitutes "using (the internet) to good advantage"?

i love how they make it sound like its 400,000 DIFFERENT people each day, when in reality its probably Outlaw trying to hit them with a DDoS ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit