Kids being Sent to the Doors Alone

by TOTH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least, with Satanism, there is no door to door prosyletizing, let alone sending children alone at a door when the area is questionable. There is just one cardinal sin in Satanism--stupidity. (And no, I am not referring to the stupidity when you fall for a scam for lack of research tools, you misplace something, or make a mistake. I am referring to this kind of lousy judgment on a consistent basis.) Sending children to doors alone, especially if they are not totally comfortable there, is STUPID.

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Me and my buddy went to the door together without supervision at about the ages of 11 and 12. It happend to be an apostate. Incidentally that's the first time I learned about what 1914 origanaly represented, and that the dates 1925 and 1975 where important dates in the organization history. I had never heard anything about the last two dates up untill then. Sometimes the riskes of sending innocent children to doors alone are outweighed by the benefits. Although I still wouldn't recommend it.

Nose best

• blondie
    blondie

I started door to door when I was 5 but with a parent. But I figure it depends on the time period. Most children walked to school by themselves in the areas I lived in, even kindergartners and 1st graders with no thought of danger, not today parents drive kids and drop off or have car pools, wait with them to get on the bus and have people at the schools where they get off. You could send your children down to the park or playground. As time has gone on, dangers have increased. I never went alone until I was 18 and working full-time. Before that though older teenagers would be sent together but in sight of adults.

I worked in congregations where the children outnumbered parents; I had no children and often found myself going door to door with someone else's 9-year-old and/or pushing a baby cart. That confused the people at the door who assumed they were mine.

But I found that children left alone in the car caused car damage; so if it were my car, I would take them with me.

But then I wonder about 9-year-olds dropped off at a theater with only another 9-year-old as company...

But then I know that danger is more likely to lurk in your own home and be someone you thought you could trust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit