Kids being Sent to the Doors Alone

by TOTH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

I saw something weird yesterday on my way out the door. A Hispanic jw mom had two kids of about ages 10 and 12 with her carrying invites to the memorial or maybe to the special talk. Anyways she sent the girl up the stairs alone to place whatever and the boy to a downstairs apartment. I NEVER saw that before. Both kids looked genuiinely timid and a little scared even.

Is this something the Borg is having parents do or was she just counting on the nature of many people to not say no to kids?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

This is nothing new. She probably thought it was safe since she was close by,so she was obviously using her own bad judgement here.

Plus,they think the angels are there to protect them.

But,it's not a policy of sending kids to doors alone. They leave it up to the parents discretion,or lack there of,in this case.

But,with the tract work,they recommend working alone,since more territory is covered that way.

I think back now of all the dangerous situations I was put in while out in service. While a young teen and working with my mother,she excepted an invitation inside a man's house, a man who was drunk and high on whatever. I just wanted to leave. He was nuts. She realizes now how stupid she was to go in his house. I remember just crying after we left. I had more sense than she did. Now,I would have left her there. I was so angry at her for putting us in that position. He was so creepy.

• TOTH
    TOTH

DANG emptyinside! That must have been bad to go through. My folks were uber cautious and never did anything like that. But we DID go to service and that was HORRIBLE....

• anezthy
    anezthy

I agree with Emptyinside... She probably thought the kids were safe since she was nearby but it was bad judgement using the "Kids are so cute" approach. A door slammed in their face and these kids will need major therapy for the rest of their life. BAD MOMMY!!!!

• usualusername
    usualusername

The real issue is being lost. Did mummy count the time?

• anezthy
    anezthy

Usualusername... How could we miss that one? Shame on us! Thank you for backing us up in a "Time" of need.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I bet she counted the time. They count time even when there is NONE to count!

• anezthy
    anezthy

No way....

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I remember being sent to the door with another kid when I was approximately 10 or 11. She was 12 or 13. We were offering magazines about the immortality of the soul. I remember it very plainly.

We were asked some seriously difficult questions by whoever the home owner was. I was the one giving the presentation and I was humiliated because I could not answer his questions. The guy was a prick for picking on kids, but also, I should have never been at the door in the first place.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The practice of sending kids alone to doors is dangerous. In one nearby village, I did a check on convicted sexual predators, I was astounded to learn 9 lived in this tiny village. The housing is cheap, many of the homes have been converted to cheap rental units. The reason I looked it up was, my hubby had been out in service with a sister and her beautiful young daughter and niece. The mother kept sending the girls by themselves to doors. Finally, my hubby told her not to send them to doors where they could not be observed from the street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit