Memorial is more important than dying relative!

by Orphan Annie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• HayDay
    HayDay

JW's are not aware of the 'ego' part of the self. They exist only in and for the ego, hence making them the most egotistical people I can think of. They would throw anyone under a bus to make Jehovah or Jesus elevate their status.

Hang in there, and forget them. Spend quality time with your husband!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Orphan Annie,

I am so sorry to hear that your Husband is so ill. Please know that there are people who do care about you and your Husband. You will find some really nice people here, and you will also find some much needed support. I'm not really good with words, but please know that I am thinking of you and sending positive energy and thoughts your way. I wish that I could give you a big Brotherly hug.

It is unfortunate that the JW's do not have their priorities straight, and that the Memorial was more important to them than seeing someone who is dying. I find it very ironic too, as the Jesus I have read about would have likely told his followers to go and comfort the sick ones instead of going to a meeting. Please know that they are the ones who are really missing out.

I bet that your Husband is so very grateful to have you by his side right now.

Like I said, I am not very good at words, but I am a good listener, so please feel free to PM me if you would like to talk.

Please let us all know what we can do to help comfort you.

I wish you love, peace, and strength!

CJ

• JRK
    JRK

Annie,

You and your husband are in my thoughts, and am sending my best wishes and positive vibes for both of you.

JK

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Just bumping this so that others can offer support to Annie!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello Annie. You are with your hubby at a time he needs you most. That is what is important.

There was a time I got very ill, I had a mini stroke and well it was the scariest time in my life and I was in hospital for three days. I was disfellowshipped at the time. My JW aunt and uncle came to see me becuase they thought I would die. They didn't do me any good. I wanted people around me, well that I wanted.

So know that. Hubby will want those around that want to be around. Don't know the details of the illness, but I do know that you must stay strong, get healthy sleep to give you the energy to stand by him another day. Look after yourself as well. Use this time with hubby. My heart truly truly goes out to you. I know what it is like to watch someone you love die. I was there with my uncle every step of his fight.

Be strong. For some strange reason I'm also going to say "sending love to you" May not have met you, nor know you from a bar of soap, but the humaness of your plight, the sorrow is close to my heart, and a little more love you way cannot harm you.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Annie, Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing.

Please remember that we are thinking about you and your Son as you are going through this, and that we are sending prayers and Positive energy your way!

Feel free to PM me again if you need to talk.

Warmest regards and Brotherly love,

CJ

• arwen
    arwen

So sorry for your loss..Prayers for comfort for you and your family.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm so sorry Annie, I went through that in 2003 with my JW hubby. Only thing in our case it was a completion of the Assembly hall apartment.They were in a hurry because the Overseer was coming to live there..They had to finish it and had no time to visit hubby. Hubby wanted to die at home and we only lived less than 5 minutes from the Assembly hall..but it was still inconvenient.

When Hubby died he wanted me to sprinkle his ashes on the flowers at the Kingdom Hall. I still haven't to this day.

Big hugs for what you are going through, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Snoozy..

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello Orphan Annie! A thread has been made for you to offer you some encouragement. The thread is HERE

Take care!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's illness.... Do you have somebody there who will help you???

Does the hospital have grief-counseling services? Liasons to assist you? Can you call up any of your neighbors for help?

You'd be surprised at how understanding "worldly" people can be, and helpful.

I hope that you find kind, loving, caring people to help you through this time...

By the way, I'm in Denver, Colorado - are you near me??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit