There On Memorial Night When One of the Governing Body Was Attending?

by Broken Promises 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• yesidid
    yesidid

I know that several years ago a group of Japanese Witnesses flew to New York

for the express purpose of watching some of the GB sip and chew.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, I did see someone partake of the emblems, who became a GB member. He actually gave the Memorial talk, as well.

That number thing will always be off. We have so many people confused about that issue.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes, one of them came to Cleveland to give the memorial talk and the local elders rented out a local civil auditorium and had several congergations at the same time. I wish I could remember his name but I never knew the GB's names when I was in so not remembering them now isn't a big deal.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

noni...

talk about creature worship...several congs all get together to see some old fart take a drink, sheesh!

oz

• EAGLES
    EAGLES

I remember some years ago we would have the Memorial and some nut case would show up every year and partake of the emblems of course we would look on in disbelief and talk about the crazy person for months thereafter. Never realizing that we were the nuts sitting there listening to a boring a&s talk and then watching the bread and wine be passed around. That was our one big event every year where we all get new suits and dresses and get all made up for this one extra meeting in the week. You would think they would let us exchange gifts on that day or have parties maybe decorate the house or something because this is it the one date we circle on the calendar as a special day. Oh yeah there was another brother I knew who partook of the emblems every year he was really zealous but other than that there wasn't anything really special about him other than he was really old. He wasnt even an elder or anything just really, really old so many people said he was anointed but I always had my doubts of course now I have doubts about all of them. Actually I dont think any of those brainwashing, family destroying, threatening, controlling, sons of B&*$#s are going anywhere.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When I was a child there were 3 Elderly members,two men one woman , that would partake of the emblems each year . It was a novelty to watch them each year .

• ssn587
  • Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

I've been thinking of attending just so I could have wine and crackers and freak every one out. I would bring some brie cheese with me too.

D_F

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I went this year w/my mum.Sort of a novelty.Brought Rollo's and grape soda.Watched a guy eat the crackers and sip the wine.Heard all of the same old same old,except!!!!During the final prayer,the guy said"Jehovahs witnesses are the most educated people on earth"..No shit.i swear,he SAID this during the prayer! I kinda chocked,and got hiccupping laughter.It was embarrassing,couldnt stop!!!!!!!,Luckily I have long crazy waves of blond hair and was able to cover my face while I 'lost it!,,Lordy,Im glad I didnt have topee.Sheesh,what a bunch of duchnozzles...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit