There On Memorial Night When One of the Governing Body Was Attending?

by Broken Promises 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Just wondering if anyone ever actually saw any of the GB members partaking of the emblems?

• dgp
    dgp

Good question.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Yes I did. Back in the late 1980s I attended the Memorial in Brooklyn Heights...several of the GB 1.0 were there. They are all gone now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Anyone actually been there when the Faithful and Discreet Slave was there ? Ooops !

I forgot, by their own admition in an Australian Court, the FDS doesn't really exist, it is only a "Theological Concept", so cannot partake.

• heathen
    heathen

Is that documented by journalists somewhere ?Phizzy . OMG , pull back the curtain and look what we find.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

right phizzy, that means no one should be partaking

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Some did partake but this angered Jesus so he gave them all heart burn and indigestion.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow, at least he didn't give them explosive diarreah

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

Actually, a married couple who claimed they were of the "annointed" used to come over to eat lunch on a regular basis with my JW dad. I can vaguely remember them, as I was about 8/9 years old at the time, but they seemed to be very friendly and at ease, as they would sit and chat with my father for hours over lunch and coffee. Even my mother, who never liked the JW's, still speaks positively of these two, all these years later. At the Memorial, I can remember watching them nibble on the Memorial crackers and sipping on the jewish wine that was being passed around. Everyone would stare at them as they partook. Years later, when they both eventually died, we were in awe of knowing somebody who made it to heaven, "ruling with Christ." On a sidenote, was anyone else scared, or nervous as the "Lord's meal" was being passed by them? I guess I was afraid I was gonna drop the glass, or spill the vino and get my ass kicked by God. LOL.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

No GB where I went. But Ken Little of Canadian Branch Office gave the talk. He went on and on. Funny how, the higher up they get in the BORG, the longer they talk. I guess they figure their elevated position puts them beyong the rules they make for the good-for-nothing-slave class. I think he forgot he too is part of the GFNSC.

He went on and on... and on...

I recall some trigger phrases. When he got to the part of the talk I have lovingly termed "the talk down" or "the speak", he used the phrases "know your place" and "you will suffer" in order to dissuade sippin' and slurpin' the goods.

This part of the talk usually makes up the majority of the babble. He mentioned almost 12,000 now partaking. Many commented after ..."wasn't that number supposed to come down?" You know, as we get 'closer to the end'... I don't think they remember the articles a few years back that did away with that 'shrinking number-closer end' crap. And it seems that good ol' Washtower realizes how ineffective those articles proved to be in killing the idea.

If you don't just come on out and say it plainly and bluntly, the dubs don't get it. Too bad Washtower could not have said "we were wrong and the dwindling number of partakers is NOT indicitive of the nearness of the end". Too bad Washtower. Enjoy the fallout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit