Another Memorial, and another year of at least one crazy partaker.

by wha happened? 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

OM...the lady was right. It is stupid.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I always thought it was funny when people who were not totally aware what the wine and the unleavened bread were representing, did partake.

They weren't JWS, just acquaintances or friends of JWS.

The looks they got were priceless.

But by-golly they were mentally diseased.

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Haha this happened last night. There was this little girl, no more than 4 years old or so, in the row in front of me. She would constantly get off of her chair and walk back and forth to the 3rd and 4th row (i was watching this on the 5th), hugging her mom and dad then going back to her grandmother. Time for the wine came and the girl was in the aisle, the grandma quickly snatched her and sat her down, right when the wine made its way to her row. This was when I had to contain my laughter. Grandma was holding the wine glass ready to pass it, the girl was looking the other way. Grandma grabbed her to get her attention. The girls reaction to the wine glass was hilarious, shaking her head like she had been shown something innapropiate. She didn't say anything but it was like she meant "NO NO NO I don't want any Granny". Boy did she get a whisper scolding afterwards.

• TOTH
    TOTH

My youngest boy was only about a year and a half old when the bread came by and he WANTED some crackers he said. When it went by he said, STINGY! We were both still trying to be good dubbies so we both acted all mortified and I stood up and carried him outside and proceeded to laugh myself silly. He is the most expressive person I know. He doesn't care who is here, if he feels they are wrong he just says it. He's 20 now and still makes me laugh with his big yap that knows no filter.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The most eventful thing I've ever seen: a child threw up. This might have happened another year as well.

• tiki
    tiki

What would happen if a whole bunch of apostates attended a local one and all guzzled the wine heartily - and of course, there is only one bottle, so it would be gone after the 3rd apostate - and then what? A MS has to make a quick run to the local winery? Of course, it is pretty incomprehensible that all the matzos would get noshed down...but really - imagine the local bigshots sh!tting the proverbial brick. What WOULD they do?!?! ooops - wine all gone...can't pass around an empty glass now, can you?!?!

I do recall one of the last ones I went to...one of the dudes (a VERY self-important one) passing the emblems had the row with a df gentlemen who has heavenly aspirations. Well, the gentleman took his sip...and this dude was standing there watching him and laughing!! it was sick! i doubt if they "counted" him as a partaker, but even so...to stand there and obviously laugh at him was very very rude.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Disgusting tiki, and indicates the real love in the religion.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Tiki I'm sure they'd have a backup. Can you say Kool-Aid? The dark red flavor or maybe even Hawaiin Punch would suffice. The only thing is the children would want to be annointed then. Jesus, "take this cup and put on a Kool-Aid smile". Anyways...I wish someone would piss a little in those glasses and watch the person who would take a swig!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit