Let's get this memorial party started!

by Megachusen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

I'm being forced to go to this one by my family members so I thought I'd write this out in disgust: http://apostarad.blogspot.com/2012/04/memorial-time-again.html

I'm serious about getting wasted before I go, by the way. This will be a night to be remembered.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I'm already very tired, so I wont be partaking in any revelries or drunken bouts tonight.

Have fun.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I can't even tell you how happy I am to realize that I had no idea it was Memorial day until just now. No hounding, no guilt-inducing calls from my mom, no strange elder sent by her or anyone to attempt to track me down and invite me to this 'oh so special day'. Nothing except the American Idol results and Grey's Anatomy. Life is good.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Got back 15 min ago now we are having a drink.

• One part that I found this year to be a bit over the top was: The speaker asked how do u know u should partake and used Romans 8:16,17

16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together.

• Then Br D said If u partake u forfeit your earthly hope...so u better be sure that you are part of the little flock. Search yourself be very careful that u are chosen by Jehovah as it means your life...if u partake and are not chosen by God u will not have life anywhere.

• He also stated that this was like a wedding ... we are observers as we would be if we attended someone's wedding. Doing nothing but witnessing the event not partakers! ---NO SCRIPTURES GIVEN OR QUOTED... just the statement to observe ONLY!!! SO WHY ARE WE THERE??

There was more... but I need to finish my drink.

Sw

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

booya! heading there myself. yeah!!

...and a drink afterwords. 1st meeting in a month

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Tonight,the speaker also made it clear that Jesus didn't partake,since he was perfect. He didn't need the benefit of the ransom. But,what about the rest of the non-partakers?

Oh,well,glad to be home,already preparing a trip or illness to coincide with next year.

• I quit!
  • talesin
    talesin

poopsie -- I gave up TV a week ago, and haven't missed it until tonite. Am having severe Grey's Anatomy withdrawal! Just had to say,,, don't know any other GA fans... :)) enjoy for me, kay?

xo

tal

@ Iquit! awesome vid,, love PINK!

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I can't even tell you how happy I am to realize that I had no idea it was Memorial day until just now.

My wife told me she had a meeting tonight. When I asked for what she said for the memorial. Even though tomorrow is Good Friday and Sunday Easter I didn't relate it to any JW BS. I'm also happy about that Poopsiecakes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice that I didn't get my waste of paper. I did nothing for the REJECT Astaroth (and Jesus) Party. I just blew it off--for the 7th straight year.

I did, however, put up Easter decorations in the hall. Nice big egg-shaped lanterns, nice stuffed rabbits, nice hanging egg decorations, nice colored eggs, a pair of egg/rabbit decorations that stand some 40 cm on the floor, a rabbit bunting, stained glass colored eggs, and even an Easter tree. And not even one element of Jesus--Astaroth, the goddess of fertility that originated Easter as Ashtar, would like those nice big egg-lanterns and the egg/rabbit decorations.

(But the witlesses, with their gloom-and-doom god Jehovah, wouldn't.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit