opinion needed quick!

by independenthinker 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I think it will turn out a lot better for you if you don't sit in the back and make out....

MeanMrMustard

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Leavingwt, I'd never heard that term before, love bombed, but it describes perfectly what can happen on memorial night.

I considered going to the memorial last year but a lot has happened in a year, I'm no longer living in terror because of the false teaching of the WTBS and see absolutely no good reason to ever set foot in a kingdom hall again.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

aw, i was planning on frenching the whole way through :( one other question, ive read pretty much everyone will lecture me. on field service and what not. EVEN the never-married sisters? i'll snap if THEY lecture me on relationships . . . haha

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, I also agree with ScenicViewer.

This is the one meeting of the year where most dubs put their best foot forward and want to be hospitable and encourage new ones to come back. But at the same time, new ones, while welcomed and treated nicely, won't be overly love bombed because the sheer numbers of them make it hard to single any one out for special attention. If you were to show up for a regular Sunday meeting with girlfriend in tow, you'd get all kinds of love bombed.

It's also the best meeting for inactive and closet apostates to attend as well. Elders, in general, are too busy with all that's going on to be in "elder mode" as far as singling out inactive or weak ones and wanting to have a private little chat. Because it's the Memorial, they're expecting to see a lot of faces they haven't seen in weeks, months or even a year. But the night is so busy and hectic for them, they can only make a note of who they saw, and try to remember to call on that one later.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Leavingwt, I'd never heard that term before, love bombed"

Dude. Please read Hassan's first book. Please.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Why are you going and why does your lady want to go? Are you planning on becoming a JW or are you already one? Does she want to become one?

When I was a JW no one ever had a good word to say about witnesses who only came once a year and no one saw the point of them doing it. What are you hoping to get out of it by going?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Leavingwt, I keep meaning to get a hold of it, just haven't got around to it yet. Started reading the god delusion and enjoying that, god is not great was fantastic though.

• undercover
    undercover

My experience with love bombing isn't that big on Memorial night. It's other meetings where it's one vs a hundred where the love bombing really hits hard. On Memorial night you can have a 1 to 1 ratio of 'new ones' vs JWs in attendance. Kinda hard to love bomb that many people.

And a lot of the 'new' ones are nothing more than family members or close friends who are obviously attached to someone when they come in.

Or maybe I was in a hall that didn't have Jehovah's spirit...

• Ding
    Ding

I'd say don't do it.

Instead, take her to dinner where you can actually eat and drink something.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

im a born-in, who's disobeying jehovah" by having a worldly gf, celtic. im going cause im still a minor, and she's going cause i was forced to invite her and to prove her "credibility" to my jw parents. she's amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit