opinion needed quick!

by independenthinker 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

hey guys,

bringing my gf along tonight after been forced to invite her(shes worldly). how will people treat her? only a few at hall know, really nervous. ananyone have a similarl experience?

how will it pan out for me too? thanks, think i might run off and hide instead!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Go to a hall where no one knows you or go out to eat instead.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Why would you want to subject yourself and her to that kind of torture when it seems like you don't have to?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

People will likely be very polite to her, and to you too. After all this is an occassion where they look for new people, and others they have not seen for a while, in hopes that they can start a study and bring them in.

Any negative talk will probably be behind your back.

Of course the elders might want to meet with you later for an explanation, and to give some counsel about being "unevenly yoked" with unbelievers.

• tec
    tec

I would concur with ScenicViewer's thoughts on this.

Peace,

tammy

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

we were supposed to but something came up. and tootired, i really do have to! i told her she didn't have to come but she said she would give the people in the hall

a chance to be friendly to her. . such a contrast to their "christian" stance of dismissing her as worldly and not worth the effort as she'll be dead at armaggedon!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Don't do it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

She will be love-bombed before and after the meeting.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

thanks scenic, i thought that but i wanted confimation . suppose ive held off the onslaught long enough. in a way how they treat me will be a make or break factor in my views

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yep, love bombing is the theme of the before and after of the memorial. Sometimes an elder or MS is even assigned to love bomb right there at the front door.

Some may try to get her phone number so they can "follow up" A good thing to do is have her memorize a local dating line phone number to give out to any inquiring about her phone number...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit