KM Sermon for April, "We are providing a Public Service"

by Quarterback 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Just thought about the suggested sermon for the April magazines in the KM. It suggests that JW say that they are doing a Public Service.

A public service, is a service that is rendered by the Government. Doesn't that Writing Commitee know the meaning of such words.

I wonder if they are trying to mislead by using this wording, or, they just don't get it.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

This wording has been used in the past. They are trying to diffuse objections by intimating that their work is just like all other good works...it is bulldickey...

• TOTH
    TOTH

They would defend that by saying, "THE KINGDOM is a government! the KINGDOM is a government!" All Manic and jittery like.

• mP
    mP

I wonder if they are going to add to the message that nobody is coming and they themselves are giving up.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

if it was such a good public service why do 99.99999999999999% of households refuse to answer their public service call, even when most are always in?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and what is offered as part of that service?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are no more doing a public service than a Christian church sending missionaries into regions where Christi-SCAM-ity hasn't reached. Those who are not interested are pestered and annoyed (often the witlesses keep coming back), while those who take the bait are stripped of their lives and sucked into a parasite religion that is going to deaden them spiritually.

• undercover
    undercover

I'd love to see them speak the truth at the door just once...

"Hello. My name is Joe Publisher. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I'm here today to try to convert you to our religion. Now, I won't be able to that in one short visit, I know, so what I'd like to do is leave these magazines with you...for a small donation of course. And then, I'd like to come back next week with more literature which I'll sell you for a price that you are comfortable with and set up a time each week where we can sit down and study that book to show you why we think we are the right religion and why you need to join us. Once you join us you'll understand, I'm sure, why this work is such an important public service and that you too, will want to share in this work to sell more magazines and books and convert others to help us increase sales and gain more marketing reps."

• therevealer
    therevealer

That is Per-fect. But, I don't think we will see it in the KM anytime soon. LOL

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I would not be surprised if it is an intentional twist on words.

The appropriate wording should be we are performing a private recruiting ritual in public; it’s truthful and yet retains wash-towel’s ambiguity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit