Anyone in the Detroit area wanna go to the Memorial with me?

by serenitynow! 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I got excited when I saw Detroit area. But, unfortunately, it is a big area, and Oak Park is about an hour from me. I think I might have gone to support you , but I live in Macomb County. Hope you find someone to go with you.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wear a decent sized cross necklace. Go to a hall where no one knows you. Be discreet about distributing cards. It would be cool if you could drop them into book bags and purses.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Serenity, I will be thinking of you while you are at the Memorial tomorrow! I'm not going to the Memorial itself, but I will be at an Ice Cream Parlor that a bunch of the Witnesses will be afterwards. I plan on doing a little incidental non-witnessing. I'm not going to have flyers, but will write a few websites on pieces of paper that will be easy for anyone interested to tuck in their pockets or purses so that others will not notice.

I plan on casually mentioning the Child Abuse issue, and other things depending on the interest. I will not be telling them that I used to be a Witness, but I will act as someone who used to be interested, but is now concerned about the things that I have been hearing about JW's and the Child Abuse issue. If I tell them I used to be a witness, I am afraid it will chase them away, but if I pretend that I am interested, they may be more open to discussion.

I figure that if I keep things casual and non-confronational, I have a better chance of getting someone to think.

All the best to you!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Cool Ohiocowboy! I think every little bit helps, you never know what little thing may get someone to start thinking.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Did you go? I went to the Maundy Thursday services at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Wyoming, MI. We had a meal together, then the Eucharist, communion and the stripping of the altar and sanctuary. It's eery and sad. They remove every trace of Jesus' presence, including the sanctuary light. It's also very profound. I shed a tear every time I see it done. I was raised in the Episcopal Church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit