Animal sin?

by jambon1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@ohiocowboy...... and what, we as men don't find that exact same pleasure when entertaining our friends....cooking meat on the barbie?

woz

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    we as men don't find that exact same pleasure when entertaining our friends....cooking meat on the barbie?

Hi Wiz!

We eat what we cook. Jehovah on the other hand, got off on the scent of the wasted, burning Animal that was killed for the sole purpose of sacrifice, not food.

Personally, I don't enjoy the smell of cooking meat, and would much rather smell some nice veggies and such, especially a nice, large Portabello mushroom on the barbie! Tastes better than steak-(To me anyways)!

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Cheers Cowboy,

Just taking the piss Mate!! I do like my meat though. Smaller animals,mainly chickens&rabbits.

I'm off to work, catch ya on the Ether.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I eat chicken, but have never tried rabbit. I hear it tastes like chicken though...

I don't know if I could ever get past the thought of eating Thumper or the Easter Bunny. I'd see him on a plate, and I would just keep thinking about those big floppy ears! lol

People around here eat Raccoons and Squirrells too. I guess anything in nature is game (Pun intended) when it comes to food. As long as it can be slathered with BBQ sauce, it's all good!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Did an animal transgress in a similar manner?

Animals started eating other animals. This is a boo-boo in Jehovah's eyes.

There is an interesting exception I found on Wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_life_span

One species of jellyfish, Turritopsis nutricula, reverts to a sexually immature stage after reproducing, rather than dying as in other jellyfish. Consequently the species is considered biologically immortal and has no maximum lifespan.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Animals are sinners!!!!!...they kill each other all the time.........there's no way they are going to heaven...unlike me...who does not kill and only buys unkilled, nicely wrapped meat from the supermarket....

• renderme
    renderme

Bella15..thanks for posting that link..very interesting article that makes a lot of sense and actually answered a few questions I had myself.

Janet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit