Animal sin?

by jambon1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

The doctrine of sin = death.

If it is the case that the reason people die is due to the original sin of the man Adam (Romans 5:12) then why do animals also get sick and die of the same illnesses as humans? Did an animal transgress in a similar manner?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Not according to the witlesses.

They say jayhoover only promised humans everlasting life.

To this I ask, "Well then is god, who created animal life just so it ca die, an asshole?"

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@jambon1..........If it is the case that the reason people die is

It is written that we(HUMANKIND)were given The Dominion over the Creation.......so therefore would it not be reasonable to suggest that our transgression was indeed passed on to the whole of creation?

........and the ultimate reason we were cast out...Gen ch3 v20-24. So that we could not TRULY become Like God....wotta fairy tale!

woz

• Robdar
    Robdar

It doesn't make sense to try to make sense of a fairy tale.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"It doesn't make sense to try to make sense of a fairy tale. "

This.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Here's a link to an article I read the other day ...

www.ankerberg.com/Articles/science/SC0707W2B.htm

It is a good subject to keep researching ...

• jam
    jam

When the first sheep had sexual intercourse with

the sheepherder God said , that,s it. My lovely animals

are capable of sinning.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

There is that scripture in Genesis about the snake being cursed. Maybe the other animals in Eden were accessories to the crime :P

The other point I make with arguments like this is - if only humans are sinful then why do at least 1,500 species display homosexual activity (a supposedly unnatural, sinful trait)

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

• jam
    jam

Good point Flat. I never thought about that. (homosexual activity)

Very good point.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is one thing that always bothered me about religion. The Animals didn't deserve to die because of Mankind's faults and sins. Whenever Noah's flood was discussed, I always wondered why Jehovah killed the Animals too. The same thing with Animal Sacrifices to Jehovah. Innocent Animals were killed for a God who would take delight in the burning Animal's "Pleasing Odor".

Animals should never pay for something that Humans did.

Take care, and thanks for the interesting topic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit