My First Easter in 35 years...

by TimeBandit 18 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

As an adult, I enjoy the Maundy Thursday traditions and rituals at the Episcopal Church.

• still thinking
    still thinking

My kids would LOVE one of those timebandit...I think I might even feel a little twinge of excitement if I got one of them.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Woohoo!!! Looks good to me!

My wifes' relatives have small kiddos that are about 4 and 6 years old. We're going to go over to their G-Gmaws house on Sunday and my wife sez that I'm supposed to 'hide the eggs'. I told her... "I don't know how to hide eggs."

She said, "Well then, we'll have to tecach you how."

I guess I ain't getting out of that one. (I'm just afraid that I would take 'hide the eggs' really literally... and put them where no one would ever find them... including myself.)

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TimeBandit:

Holidays are wonderful and a way to have quality time with family (which is what the religion does not want you to do). These simple pleasures are what people look back on in life. So, try to make up for lost time.

I am glad I was not raised a JW and didn't have the sense of deprivation they have.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just know, Chris honey, those kids just might remember your Easter gifts of love as long as they live. I remember all that from my childhood. My baskets, the egghunts, especially the one I won and the dresses and shoes, sometimes lovingly sewed from scratch and sometimes picked out from a store. I remember dying eggs and finding the winning egg in a tiny, model church inside our parish house when it was too rainy to hunt outdoors. You are making fond memories. And I hear it told that you had a magical aunt to pattern your uncle duties and grampa duties after.

(I remember fields of cool green grass, wildflowers, birds singing, sunshine, hope, energy, youth and spring. And foil covered tiny, chocolate eggs.)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Here comes peter cottontail hopping down the bunny trail

hippity hoppity easter on its way

i remember that song from when I was a little kid

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Looks awesome!

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I am gonna get myself a new suit this Easter! First Easter suit in 39 years!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit