Dallas (DFW area) members - BREAKING NEWS: TORNADOES IN AREA

by SweetBabyCheezits 79 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Just noticed three tornado warnings that included Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth. NWS text for these warnings stated that there were two "large and extremely dangerous tornadoes" confirmed on the ground in the area.

James_Woods or Terry, what's the scoop?

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

We live in NE Johnson county...the tornadoes went about 5 miles to our west & our east. The one that missed us on the west is going NE towards Arlington @ HWY 360 -- the largest shopping mall around here. The one on our west is a huge one -- on the ground for around 40 minutes now and going towards Dallas. A few minutes ago it hit a 18 wheeler truck depot...it was picking up these trailers hundreds of feet in the air and throwing them hundreds of yards. We got hit here last year by a weaker F1 tornado -- it tore off half of our roof and some neighbors got a lot worse. So...when these things come thru it's scary and we take it seriously. Now we have another wave coming up from the south. It's gonna be a long day...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Stay safe, Rabbit. We are east of you guys and expecting the same system before the end of the day. My wife is so ready to leave this part of the country.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Footage of 18 wheeler trailers being tossed around in one of these tornadoes...

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

It skirted around us... we were definitely in the warning area (first thing we did was check the time and day so we knew it wasn't just the normal weekly alarm test). We got lots of heavy rain and hail here, but no tornados.

Right now there's a tornado on the ground in Addison.

James_Woods, Terry, ohiocowboy, and JimTX, I hope you guys check in. Rabbit, hope you and yours are safe!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

We had to evacuate to the stair wells - no damage known close to my building.

Had to walk down 8 flights of stairs and walk back up.

No other news right now.

• lohengren
    lohengren

I'm in irving, it rained pretty hard and there was a bit of hail. I Did not see any rotation but others say there was.

Looks like we're in the clear now though.

• talesin
    talesin

rabbit! you are okay? phew ...

xo you and sig. other

tal

• heathen
    heathen

it's raining hard in arlington but no hail . Hope that tornado goes away from us .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit