The EGIBI Family Records WIPESOUT Watchtower 607 B.C.E. Date for GOOD!

by TheSnarkyApologist 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TheSnarkyApologist
    TheSnarkyApologist

This is information gained from Carl Olof Jonsson's book entitled "The Gentile Times Reconsidered"

It's an EXTREMELY valuable piece of proof that utterly demolishes the Watchtower claim of "extra kings" and "extra time" being inserted into the discussion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53_076V7a5s

• usualusername
    usualusername

Saw your vid. Quite cool.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Will check this out later. . .

My backlog of youtubes is getting out of control!

• TOTH
    TOTH

I have enjoyed all of your videos. This one too! Thanks for the AMMO!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I wasn't able to access your video, but yes, Egibi does pretty much put the last nail in the 607 coffin. I would love to get an English translation of the Egibi letters and scholarly analysis--I can't find anything out there that's not in Dutch or German (or something I can't read). Any suggestions?

• TheSnarkyApologist
    TheSnarkyApologist

no ideas at all. I was asked this on one of the video comments. If you find a way let me know. I tried to post the video in the comments to play directly from here, but it didn't work. You can copy and paste the url however. I need to find out how to put avideo directly into the post.

~Bill

• mind blown
    mind blown

Wow!! Historically blows 607 right out of the water, doesn't it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53_076V7a5s

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I would love to get an English translation of the Egibi letters and scholarly analysis

I found an article by Cornelia Wunsch - The Egibi Family's Real Estate in Babylon (6th century BC) - on academia.edu. It has a helpful chart where you can see which Egibi officiated in which king's reign and for how long:

If you have trouble accessing the whole article, PM me. It is a struggle finding accessible, pertinent articles or books on this in English. And unless you buy Wunsch's 2 volumes (German), I don't think you'll readily find translations/discussions of the tablets all in one place.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Wait, wait, wait!

Good ol' archive.org.

Records of the Past: Being English Translations of the Assyrian and Egyptian Monuments, Vol. XI, Assyrian Texts (1878) - a short discussion and a few of the tablets translated by T.G. Pinches on p. 85-98.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Good video.

Thanks for the references ANNOMALY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit