How many generations do YOU see?

by 00DAD 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@Ding.... they're not a part of any relevant generation according to .......anything!!

woz

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

When Rutherford gave the talk, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die", he was talking about the overlapping generation according to the new understanding.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've got a pic like that.. my mum, me , my son+dil and grandchild.. that's 4 generations... OK I'm mentally diseased.. well I guessed it already.. :)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

straightshooter, thanks for clarifying. I was always troubled about that whole "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" thing. Now I see that Rutherford was prophesying about the Overlapping Generation teaching.

Truly, it is from Jehovah and it is wondrous in our eyes!

• heathen
    heathen

jeeze you think by now they would just admit they have no understanding . If God cannot lie he sure has alot of followers that do.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The bad part is these Four generations don't even make up ONE of wash-towels generations!

Maybe instead of a generation spanning fourty years their's span 400 years.

Man I want some of what they've been smokin'.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well, I need not wonder how you all think of this teaching but I do find it amazing how witnesses will not look at this teaching and not wonder how the Governing Body could try to push this nonsense on them.

When I ask my wife to explain how this teaching is even remotely correct, she shuts down or tries to side step it with the belief that it does not matter. How have your witness friends and loved ones responding to this?

• heathen
    heathen

I'm surprised they haven't used the thoughts on this board that noah had 120 yrs. so if you use 1914 the generation is over in 2034.

• steve2
    steve2

Everyone alive today is part of the overlapping generation who were alive when Jesus died. It's that simple! What's not to get??

• irondork
    irondork

LOL Very clever OODAD! So simple a child could understand.

"... you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit