Are JW women becoming a bit more bold, seems to me there is a lot of 'headship' teaching ongoing

by insearchoftruth 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife who is in a never ending study seems to be learning a lot about 'headship' lately, and I notice that this weeks OKM shows that once again on TMS night they are going to emphasize the principles of headship from the reasoning book, page 253 in the English version.

• cofty
    cofty

"Headship" - does that word exist outside the borg?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Seems to be pretty pecular to them, I am surprised that they are pushing this information to my wife outside of the meetings, does not seem like a drawing point for a woman.

• blondie
    blondie

I think jw men forget they they have a head too (no joke intended), supposedly Jesus Christ and his representatives the GB/WTS and the elders, CO, DO. Long ago a thinking elder asked a husband what was easier recognizing the headship of a perfect Jesus Christ or an imperfect man?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Good point Blondie, appreciate the thought!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

insearthoftruth:

Yes, the religion is really hung up on the "headship" thing. Funny, but when I was active in the religion, I had no problem with the brothers taking the lead. My issue with them is that they do not understand the concept of boundaries and in many cases do not know how to relate to a single working woman. I am not married to these people and I make my own way in the world. I was "polite" but I had to put my foot down with regard to their nosey intrusiveness.

The only place they have any "authority" is inside the boundaries of the kingdom hall or assembly hall or in some car group. It does not extend elsewhere and they are deluding themselves if they think it does.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is certainly a rare word in common English today - maybe, like "Happifying" it could be technically a real word that went out with the buggy whips.

BTW, I have heard (somewhere) that buggy whips are still a useful device for enforcing the headship discipline.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I love an equal marriage

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I love an equal marriage

And that is the way they should be!!!

• undercover
    undercover

Muslim ruled countries come to mind...

I like seeing Western exposes on the oppressiveness of Theocracy ruled countries and seeing similarities between hard-liner Islam attitude toward wives and women vs the WT attitude toward wives and women (though maybe not to extremes in the WT world)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit