Menlo Park KH - Elder Tells All - and more

by Juan Viejo2 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mP
    mP

it would seem to me that entrusting kh to the boe is dangerous for the wts. if word gets out or ppl wake up to the scam for what it is, there could be situations where lots of boe just leave or keepnthe kh. what can they do in that situation. they cant fight them all, if say fifty say this is bs and just keep thevkh for thermselves.

i also dont get the rennovation process. it seems very dangerous to waste other ppls money for limited property gain at the risk of pissing nppl off like menlo park. isnt the true value in the land and not the building? who is going to care when buying nif a building has a new this or that? how many times are bought kh used as is or dfo they really require changes or even rebuilding?

• Magi
    Magi

Thanks for the info D_F, awesome monicker btw. Has the Menlo Park Police altogether shut down the investigation? And when did this Keegan retire?

• LV101
    LV101

Devil Fish --- thanks for recap of this situation. The clerks are taking bribes?

• Magi
    Magi

Did a bit of research. Looks like he was an officer for 20 years and decided to retire. Too bad the brothers didn't get some other detective involved that was younger and wanting some action. Maybe he would have stayed around to stir some things up.

• watson
    watson

Bribing clerks....? You lost some credibility there Fish.

• Violia
    Violia
    Bribing clerks....? You lost some credibility there Fish.

I wish I still believed our justice system was fair, it's not. Justice depends on money and who you know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The rumors are consistent in one way: The Watchtower is making changes not to relax its control or to show more love and understanding to their flock, but rather are arming themselves with bigger sticks and sending out unyielding shepherds that will turn them in to lamb chops if they don't move in the direction the Society demands of them.

While rumors are just rumors, it has a ring of typical truth to it. We know that WTS overreacts. If one body of elders defies them, then they assume there are armies of elders ready to defy them. I doubt it will come out as some sweeping actions because they don't have the manpower to send people to every Hall, besides most of them have already remodeled with a WT loan or otherwise became WTS property.

If anything, they will send out company men to halls that aren't theirs yet, and a few others to say it's for a different reason.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...Maybe they have a Vanity Fair or Smithsonian magazine laying on their coffee table and a visiting elder notices it. Have you seen the ads in Vanity Fair? Smithsonian frequently has articles about evolution and ancient cultures dating back 10,000 years. Maybe the new wide-screen TV set a JW family bought will bring criticism that they are watching too much television and letting their Family Study Evenings slip. Even the choice of a new car might bring criticism about it being "too flashy," or "too small for field service..."
    Juan Viejo2

OMG! I liked that statement. It tells a lot what might those elders be thinking, their mentality to me, it seems, is narrow-minded.

Scott77

• cedars
    cedars

I really hope the details come out in the wash as a result of the brave action being taken by these elders. Ex-jw.com is doing an excellent job of covering the story to the extent possible, but it will only truly gain traction among the rank and file once facts are known beyond reasonable doubt. Unfortunately, it appears from reading between the lines that the only ones preventing the facts from coming out in open court are the Watch Tower Society, which begs the question - if their conduct in this case is beyond reproach, what are they trying to hide??

In many ways this whole debacle reminds me of the recent toxic dumping scandal. Although certain facts were documented by local media and state authorities, the details of what went on will remain buried because the individuals involved in "whistleblowing" are understandably too scared to come forward and tell their story.

In short, the Society has become masterful at using fear and intimidation to suppress information concerning its past and present dealings from seeing the full light of day. I can only hope that things change soon so that people trapped inside can begin seeing them for the corrupt, insidious and self-serving organization they truly are.

Cedars

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

It's a fact there is a decline in meeting attendance, and the faithful elderly are using telephone lines, internet connections. The next group of JWs are elderly who have been treated like "Sh*&", abandoned by their Pharisee and Jezebel physical and spiritual children. Look at the sorry state of JW youth, with their inability to assimilate complex doctrine, and synthesize it in their brains? There is a good deal of JWs who don't know a great deal of what the Bible teaches, ask about one of the minor prophets ( what? huh? a spaced out look!), this with householders not wanting to debate, creates a group of Zombie Preachers (mental atrophy from lack of use). The Rolf Fururis, Greg Staffords, Hal Flemings are getting old, who will replace these aging scholars? Whether the previous men mentioned, are practicing Witnesses or not, In my circuit I don't know of any youth who are good JW apologists (age 18-29).

If the Society decides to bring in more teachers from Bethel, will they teach the Bible, or teach how to obey "man made rules"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit