Diseases that force you to violate Jehovah's commands

by rebel8 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

1) Chronic fatigue syndrome and 2) depression were 2 medical conditions that made people miss numerous meetings in my KH. (and they weren't considered weak for it)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

the elders said my responsibility as a female is to bear children after Armageddon so I shouldn't be showing a lack of appreciation

Hi rebel8, I think that we can all sympathise with your condition - it must be hell , (BTW I have always enjoyed your posts..)

Of course I do not deny that the elders told you that , they can be nuts enough for anything, however there are many sisters who have had hysterectomies and some at a young age . There has never been an issue over here with the principle of child-bearing. I helped one such sister find a surgeon who was sympathetic to non blood use, and that was with the aid of the Bethel , before HLCs came into being

I am just saying that I do not think they all would have said that or that they would do so nowadays...but that does not change the past, we know, or the damage done by stupid "counsel " that was no more than personal opinion....

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

wha happened? : You can get a nice DF certificate for that!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I took the pill as a JW many years ago. I never asked anyone for 'permission' before I got the prescription.

It is nice to know that my main purpose in life is to bear other human beings...I have fulfilled my duty...lol! Here I was hoping to find meaning in my life, and I totally missed why I was here...

• mP
    mP

isnt gluttony against gods law. overeatting is a real problem in many western countries, and eberyone seems to be saying eatters have a disease or mental problem.. a large majority of our food has blood products too boost protein and iron and so on? that sliced bread has a few specks of blood. the list really is endless.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

This thread is making me sad, especially that WT quotation. How I hate the borg. :/

• rebel8
    rebel8

and they weren't considered weak for it

Wow, really?!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I suspect any disease related to blood would be in violation. So... kidney disease, Hemophilia, cancer, high cholesterol, heart disease.

Any disease of the brain would also violate Jehovah's commands to preach to all the inhabitted Earth because if your mind can't work, you're certainly not going to be able to function talking to people about why they have to join up. My Father has had a lot of guilt and sadness over not being able to continue in the Field Serve-Us, study, and meeting activities because he has dementia.

• dgp
    dgp

Would they expect someone on a wheelchair to go out and preach?

• bsmart
    bsmart

Would they expect someone on a wheelchair to go out and preach?

yes, I knew a paralized man who had his daughter fill out his time slip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit