Diseases that force you to violate Jehovah's commands

by rebel8 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rebel8
    rebel8

A few days ago I ate a corn nut that was kind of sharp. It made a very tiny scratch on my tongue the size of a period (.). I have a bleeding disorder so it bled for 3 hours. I also had a nosebleed during this time. I swallowed blood as this is unavoidable. I imagine that is common sense to normal people. Dubs used to tell me a variety of things about this:

1. I need to avoid swallowing even 1 cell of blood. I need to show Jehoopla I am trying to be faithful. To accomplish this I must lean forward over a basin when I'm having a mouth/nose bleed to let the blood drip out (this causes more pressure and makes the bleed worse). Then I need to find a way to pour it out on the ground. If I fail then I will be put to death at Armageddon--sin's wages is death--but I will have the hope of the resurrection if repentant. As a kid it was a standard thing for me to confess and repent from this in my daily prayers.
    2. If I was just more faithful I would not be faced with this situation. All I need to do is pray/take useless vitamins/stop secretly sinning/get rid of demon-infested items in my house.
    3. No one banned corn nuts specifically but I was required to avoid situations in which a bleed would be more likely to occur (skiing, etc.). Except of course any prevention strategy that they didn't approve of, such as taking birth control pills (the only thing that raises my clotting factor level--not allowed).

Really some of the most redonkulous logic at work. Batguano insane.

I wonder if there are other diseases that cause people to violate Jehoho's commands, such as Tourette's (swearing), things that make you miss meetings, etc., and if those folks are out/on their way out of the Borg. I imagine this scenario is a strong impetus to escaping.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Thats rubbish that you've had to go through that, it can't be easy for you.

I was unaware that JWs couldn't take the pill, are you sure about that? I've known plenty of JW woman on the pill.

• designs
    designs

You could fake Tourette's and be asked to stay home. I do remember a JW family in LA who gave their son marijuana for asthema (old Mexican folk remedy).

• rebel8
    rebel8

<---iCeltic, look where I'm from. It's the seat of jw fundamentalism.

Yes I was not allowed to take the pill. I got a prescription promptly after leaving dubbery and the quality of my life improved instantly and dramatically.

@ one point I asked for surgery to stop my periods--at least that would have solved 1 of my problems--but the elders said my responsibility as a female is to bear children after Armageddon so I shouldn't be showing a lack of appreciation for Jehoopla's gift.

Basically I think they were determined to make me a human sacrifice--everything I could do to make my situation better was not allowed.

When the ovum, that is, the egg cell from which the baby starts, is at large or is on its way from the woman's ovary through her Fallopian tube to the uterus, there it remains for an uncertain length of time, which varies greatly with different females. Then is the time when conception can take place if the ovum is met by a male life sperm. During that same time the female is sexually aroused and is ready for the sex act that at this time will cause a baby to result. This bearing of children is the sole privilege of the female. In fact, this is one main reason for creating the female of the human species. Watchtower 1961 December 15 pp. 767-768

Are there other diseases that make people violate the cult rules?

• designs
    designs

Dental visits, you drink some of your own blood.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Nice WT quote. It's amazing what you'll accept when part of it and how you look back and can't believe you did.

Pm'd you about it.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Sometimes after lumbar punctures, cerebrospinal fluid will continue to weep from the injection site. Gives the patient a massive headache if they stand or sit, but it goes away if they lie down. A epidural blood patch is used to repair the injection site- a small amount of blood is removed from the patient and injected into the same area. The blood clots and stops CFS from leaking. It's kind of cool to see, because the patient feels better right away.

I think they also have glues that can be used to patch the leak.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

@ one point I asked for surgery to stop my periods--at least that would have solved 1 of my problems--but the elders said my responsibility as a female is to bear children after Armageddon so I shouldn't be showing a lack of appreciation for Jehoopla's gift.

I had a vas, so am I also marked for destruction?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Dental visits, you drink some of your own blood.

LOL, I never thought about that.

I remember we couldn't even lick stamps b/c they said it was made from horses' blood.

wha happened, I guess you are on death row with me then! Although you're a man so you probably get a pass. Remember, reproduction was a main reason for creating females, not males.

• rebel8
    rebel8

So from a doctrinal POV, there is no way to make this scenario logical if Jehoover is loving. I wonder why this doesn't convince more dubs to leave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit