The elders want to see me also

by MsGrowingGirl20 41 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My opinion, you are in control. You can say as little or as much as you want. Unless you have been spreading apostate ideas, they most likely want to find out how they can help you be strong in "the Truth".

In my case, so far, the elders really don't want to face the extreme if they don't feel forced.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Just dump the pioneering, I did it recently and it feels great!

• mind blown
    mind blown

But I'm not so sure her dumping pioneering before that meeting will work, it seems they will want to talk to her anyway. But I think wannabefree is spot on, they most likely want to encourage you and see if they can help.......just be careful........

• nugget
    nugget

The Elders have noticed your reduced hours and lack of joy. The meeting should be to encourage you and see if they can help it is more likely to be spiritual discipline. I think if you have made the decision to go to college then it is a good time to step down from pioneering. I would send the letter prior to the memorial and merely state that you thank them for their encouragement and support but do not feel that you will be able to continue to pioneer at present. You have taken the matter in prayer to Jehovah and feel that it is selfish to cling to a privilege when you are unable to fufil it's requirements. You hope that when you are feeling more robust you will be able to request the privilege to serve in this capacity in the future but for the time being your health and welfare needs your full attention. Once again you appreciate all they have done to support you in the full time ministry but your mind is made up.

By keeping it respectful and hinting at health issues you may be able to dodge the bullet. Then if they ask to meet with you, you can thank them for their concern and say that you must do what you have resolved in your heart to do. You have talked the matter through with Jehovah and for now do not feel that talking to them will alter your decision. You appreciate their concern and when you are feeling more robust you will contact them.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Why not be ill and put them off while you sort your thoughts out?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I would call them in the middle of the night and when they answer, hang up.

Feigning depression scares the hell out of any elder. They have no training, and no idea what to do, they'll gladly thow u away like a hot potato

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

dont play their stupid games with them, whatever they request ask for the exact opposite, demand that they do not contact you or leave any messages , and when you want to meet with them you will ask for the time and date

• dm6
    dm6
    Whatever you decide, DO NOT STOP GOING TO COLLEGE.

THIS.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Thank you all for all your great suggestiions and avice...i really appreciate it...

I am considering coming off of pioneering in september...i would like yo finish off the service year...

I'm wondering if it's more than encouragement because i raised some questions with a MS recently...he wasn't able to answer the questions...

PROBABLY A BAD IDEA

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I just started reading your latest post about the elders wanting to meet with you and I wanted to tell you that the same thing happened to me not too long ago. I'm basically a born in and right now I'm currently serving as a regular pioneer. I woke up to the truth about the truth about 2 months after starting. The elders wanted to meet with me after I stopped commenting too and because I subsequently turned down the "privilege" of being a Ministerial Servant twice. Since I have family and friends still in, I decided to just lie about depression and that I felt like I wasn't ready to take on that huge responsibility yet. I also agreed to everything they said and even told them to "help me" to be feel better to which surprisingly they haven't done yet!

I also wanted to go to college but the C.O made sure that I didn't go. I had been wanting to go ever since I "saw the light" but I haven't been able to yet.

So hang in there! I know exactly what you are going through right now.

P.S you have a PM...(:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit