The elders want to see me also

by MsGrowingGirl20 41 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Tell them your periods have been really horrible the past few months !!!!! Give them lots of gory details .... such as how you have been having horrendous cramps ,heavy flow ,bloating ,PMS......ask them , 'How would you like to go door to door not knowing if you need a fresh pair of panties by the next stop ?' .......

This should make them leave you alone for awhile ...hope I helped

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

ummm... what troubled mind said above. The elders will not want to 'help out' with female issues.

In fact, you may want to carry an extra tampon with you, and pull it out of your purse, and say, "Excues me..." as you wave it about, and then leave.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Do you want to remain on the list?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just put them off.

1- It is your life. Don't let them intimidate you into meeting with them if you do not desire to, and they have no 'grounds' for which to take action based on other's reports. Just pass.

2- Remember that these things can go 'very wrong', if and especially if they have a hidden agenda [and they always have a hidden agenda.]

You need time to sort it out. Don't tell them you are sorting anything though. Just tell them you are down and politely insist that you have no reason to meet with them at this time, but thank you.

Jeff

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Tell him that your personal life an problems are "YOUR" personal life and problems and that you don't want to tell any body of elders or anyone else what your problems are. It's none of their damn business. Just say that they will be worked out in time and in the mean time.......give me some space.

They are not trained or educated to help anyone with any type of problem.

HappyDad

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I appreciate that a number of suggestions have included the thought about being polite. I wholeheartedly agree. But remember that being polite does not mean weakness or uncertainly.

"No thank you" is still NO, it's just being nice about it!

Let your yes mean yes and your no mean no. There's no maybe, possibly or "we'll see" about it.

It's all about setting firm, non-negotiable boundaries.

The problem is that JW culture let's elders cross all sorts of boundaries that they never should cross. And due to the cult indoctrination most of us willingly let them. Once you try to reclaim what's yours it confuses them. But as long as they don't have any evidence of any judicially actionable offense all they can do is stew in their own juices of frustration.

That is THEIR problem. You handle yours, let them handle theirs!

• flipper
    flipper

MS GROWING GIRL- I have nothing to add to these great suggestions. I second what everybody is saying. You do NOT owe the elders any explanations. It's your personal business. Hang in there

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Not answering their questions and refusing to meet with them will raise new questions.

Telling them what they want to hear can put the issue to rest and buy you time.

I'm not promoting one idea over the other. I'm explaining how these situations go down in real life.

The game is rigged and you owe them nothing. It's a destructive cult and you can prepare to be underwhelmed and disappointed with Jehovah's loving shepherds.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

LWT: The game is rigged and you owe them nothing. It's a destructive cult and you can prepare to be underwhelmed and disappointed with Jehovah's loving shepherds.

In fact, it's worse, far worse:

Being a JW is like being in an abusive relationship

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'd resign as a pioneer instead of allowing them to bully or threaten to remove you. A preemptive strike seems right.

But as said already, being honest about your reasons would be a very BAD idea...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit