16 Pages: "Why Even Bother?"

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

"Writing staff" must be down-sizing too?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Even they are having a hard time filling 32 pages. That's why you have articles about edible insects in Africa.

How happifying!

• Dagney
    Dagney

IMHO, even when I left 10 years ago, most did not read the mags. My elderly mom did, and there is a percentage that will, but not most. Some will be thrilled (my mom...me rolls eyes...I watch PBS) with the information regarding the edible insects, but most won't even know it there.

In the end I thought using a tract was the best thing ever in D2D work. People were exasperated when they opened the door, and just taking a simple tract with a simple theme was little investment to them and they were relieved. I had a better time in service using those. I thought if they did one four page tract a month, it could get their message across, the pub wouldn't be jumping around trying to figure out what to talk about every other week, and of course, less cost and waste.

But then I remember. It's a publishing corporation. It needs to print. Although, it now is becoming a building/remodeling contractor/loan shark corporation.

• heathen
    heathen

It can't be on the way out if the 2 mags are the two prophets or witnesses in revelation . They believe they fullfill prophesy and no government can shut down the printing presses again. Not to have the mags at the door now would mean you are a mormon . Nobody could tell the difference . I did think of the using the web to host the mags , that way you could just present a buisness card with the web address but no, what are they to do with that time slot on thurs. night of shaking down the pubs for money ?

• scotoma
    scotoma

Watchtower, Bible, & TRACT society.

Finally, living up to their name. Their REAL name.

• metatron
    metatron

But that would eventually make them the "BTS"............... no more Watchtower.

Soon, more forests and trees will live in peace.

metatron

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Remember the underlings a beth-hell are getting younger and stoopider.

We should all be thanking jayhoover the asleep is still at least 16 pages.

• baltar447
    baltar447

What is this about the WT&A being the "2 Witnesses"?

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

If magazines were 4 pages, Jehovah's Witnesses would say that the door is closing...

• badseed
    badseed

Does this mean that the 4 year bachelors degree has been downgraded to a 2 year associates..lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit