Told the JW sister to stop going on about JW stuff!

by TimothyT 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• etna
    etna

Hey timothy, I agree with wha happened, honesty is best. I havent being disfellowshiped but havnt gone for 4 years and contacted a very close(like a brother to me) friend the other day, when I found out he hasnt been healthy at all. And can you beleive he put it back on me that its my fault we havnt been in contact. I was ringing him and seeing him constantly after I stopped going but he wasnt returning the courteousy, so I had enough and got on with my life, which is very good. And they have the hide to say its our fault. I will contact him again and I'll talk to him and this time I won't sugar coat anything. I am going to be honest. I have been so honest since leaving the org and will always be true to myself.

Etna

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"you are being misled " is simply her point of view you are right. You know she is being misled, that is not simply a point of view, that is fact.

She seems a genuine and nice person who valued your friendship, it would be great if you could free her. The best way to do that is simply ask gentle questions i.e "who do you think is leading me, if I am being misled ?" she will reply "Satan" and then you have the basis for a discussion.

Honesty is best, but do it in a kindly way, she is not your enemy, just a deluded friend.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So happy that you saw the light..Tim!! But I am now concerned because I truly do believe she will cut you off.
    I know my daughter,granddaughter,loves me....But on orders of the WT....They truly believe I am worshipping
    satan....of course they dont speak to me. So becareful... remember the old saying
    "Convince a man against his will he will have the same opinion still">>> I believe
    if you continue to show LOVE!!! that is what will shine through..... Tim & sis

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Timothy T:

I know it is hard to try to talk to a JW to get them to realize the serious flaws in their religion. Sad to say, many JWs would not want to be friends with you unless there was the possibility you are returning to the religion. You might have to accept that this person can no longer be friends with you because of what she believes.

Just remember, the religion has god's "magic" name and some people there think he must be using the religion. Also, a JW still active in the religion feels "confident" and has a "safety net" of people around him (safety in numbers). Whereas, you are all "alone" outside the religion. Of course, you are not really lonely and have cultivated friends and activities but they don't know this.

Many JWs (especially born-ins) aren't willing to explore the loneliness of somebody who leaves the religion - no matter how many nagging doubts about the religion are in the back of their mind.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    i know that you are wrong and that youve become misled.

Dude you are fighting against some powerful conditioning.

There is another aspect that has been buzzing around my mind since you first mentioned this girl...Do you think she likes you? Has a repressed crush on you that was never manifested?

Think about it.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

She obviously hasn't shut the door on you, so be honest; if then she locks up and throws away the key you'll know where she stands.

Her words may only be a cover so she doesn't get in trouble if anyone finds out about your contact with one another.

She may have doubts too, but you don't know until you’re honest and let her know where you stand.

If then she doesn't shut you out, you know there's hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit